Union Jack To Be Painted On P&o Ships

Guest Solent Richard

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's a nice idea, gives the ships that extra distinctive look.  I disagree with you Land Ahoy on P&O not being British.  I know they are American owned but lets face it, there are not many

I disagree with that Land Ahoy, I completely undferstand your objection to anti British but to state that P&O Cruises are "crap" seems a bit over the top to me.  I definitely agree that everyone l

Meridian, my regional  ITV channel,  ran an article yesterday evening on P&O Cruises. It revealed that  the largest Union Jack in the world is to be painted on the sides of Southampton based cruis

BRITANNIA-24_2793315b.jpg

Just found this picture on the internet. It's better than my earlier efforts.

Growing on me every time I see it.

I wanna be on the maiden cruise...are you listening Bolsover?

Reminiscent of the British Airways designs a few years back

I think it's more reminiscent of the 'current' BA design.   

760x210-photo-boeing_777_300.jpg

cheers

Harvey

Meridian, my regional  ITV channel,  ran an article yesterday evening on P&O Cruises. It revealed that  the largest Union Jack in the world is to be painted on the sides of Southampton based cruise ships to promote Britain around the world. 

Our oldest shipping company plan to introduce a modern version of the British flag that will celebrate the companies heritage and Britishness.

Designed at the companies HQ in Southampton, it will be 94 meters long and 10 metres tall, and on both sides of everyone of the companies eight ships.

Here are two images and members can also see that the traditional 'buff' coloured funnel is also set to be replaced with a blue design embossed with carrying P&O's 'Rising Sun' logo. 

11992314775_1bf635b0f5_z.jpg

11992314925_32834f00f2_z.jpg

The full news item can be found at...

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/update/2014-01-16/exclusive-look-at-union-jack-to-be-painted-on-p-o-ships/

Not that I am for it, but what happens if Scotland goes for Independence?