Guest Solent Richard

As some cruise companies seem to be moving operations out of the uk is this backward step, and is it really helping customers with the service they receive.

I have just spent 20 minutes on the phone clearly to a none uk centre and all I can say is bring it back to the UK!!!!

Good afternoon Cruise Chef.

May I ask which cruise line? I know Cunard and P&O operate out of Southampton.

Guest Solent Richard

Please put us out of our misery cruise chef. Almost EVERY cruise line is American. This is not the BBC - you are allowed to name the company. Put their name in BOLD. ;)

cheers

Harvey

My tea and cake nearly went over the keyboard Harvey.

Unless I'm mistaken though we can eliminate Celebrity. I have a direct line to their customer care.

I've dealt with call centres based in the USA before - they're some of the best.  I don't mind dealing with other countries on any particular principle, but I do object when I cannot understand or be understood.

Despite this, the absolute worst telephone experience I have had (well... Alex had) was on a phone call the the IRS to get a tax reference code for our company and had a Mexican lady helping us who didn't have a wonderful grasp of English and had to have everything (I mean, everything) spelled out to her.

I agree with the others though, Chef: give us the name of the company!

Guest Solent Richard

Royal Caribbean

Now that surprises me as I imagined Royal Caribbean and Celebrity operated out of the UK at Addlestone, Surrey. 

That is where the area code is(01932) for my dealings with Celebrity.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that surprises me as I imagined Royal Caribbean and Celebrity operated out of the UK at Addlestone, Surrey. 

That is where the area code is(01932) for my dealings with Celebrity.

Royal Caribbean moved its international call centre to Guatemala in Sept 2013

Quote from TTG DIGITAL 4 Sept 2013

As part of the new focus on the separate brands there will also be a number of changes to UK offices of Royal Caribbean International, which Rzymowska conceded would result in the potential loss of around 100 jobs.

The company is restructuring its global call centres, shrinking the 11 call centres which it currently operates around the world, down to three. These will be based in Guatemala, Romania and the Netherlands.

The call centre in Guatemala will handle all UK enquiries for Royal Caribbean and Azamara, both regarding direct sales as well as trade enquiries.

A dedicated call centre will remain in the UK for Celebrity Cruises

Meanwhile Paul said Guatemala had been chosen to handle UK enquiries due to its “exceptionally high language skills”.

“We will be creating three call centres of excellence in partnership with Xerox. We take our customer service incredibly serious, and in choosing Guatemala we are getting exceptionally high language and business skills.”