Do You Have a Least Favourite Port?

The worst for me has to be kemaman in malaysia. Its an awful place for such a beautiful country. Having visted a couple of times now on World Voyages it amazes me why P&O stop there. I think maybe it didnt help that were spoilt by the previous malaysian ports that were out of this world like Penang, kuala lumpur & my favourite Langkawi.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vigo!! whats that all about??

Southampton because it means I am back home

When you cruise as much as I do you're bound to find a few bad eggs!   For me, although I love Venice (it truly is beautiful) it was also horrible due to the sheer volume of cruise ships and tourist

I too am really surprised about the St Vincent comments here - we did a lovely boat trip around the island, saw a lot of where the Pirates Of the Caribbean was filmed, some beautiful scenery and learnt a bit of the history of the island... The volcanic beaches were wonderful, a real delight after 2 weeks of beautiful white sand, black sand was a novelty!  

Thoroughly enjoyed my day there.

Vigo however - Not sure even the seafood could entice me back.

Hello,we were very lucky on our visit last week to Le Havre.

The weather was gorgeous and once you have left the port area we thought it was very nice.

But I can appreciate the weather must be important on a visit to this place in particular. 

The fountains in front of the Hotel de Ville are amazing.

Rodger.

Guest Solent Richard

Hello,we were very lucky on our visit last week to Le Havre.

The weather was gorgeous and once you have left the port area we thought it was very nice.

But I can appreciate the weather must be important on a visit to this place in particular. 

The fountains in front of the Hotel de Ville are amazing.

Rodger.

Thanks for that Jaguar.

My previous visits to Le Havre have always been by ferry and then the mad dash to Honfleur.

We are heading that way though in September and because our next port will be home I shall be looking to stock up on fromage et  paté de lapin.

Guest Solent Richard

Back to topic, I really struggled to think of a place I'd avoid.

Having said that I think Castries as a town to walk around is the pits but there are always the beaches of St. Lucia as an alternative.