P&o Caribbean

Many of the cruise lines have good offers at the moment and as more new ships come on line so the deals can only get better. This is why like many others I book at the last minute to get the best deal. Look at some of the Cunard offers at the moment. 10 nights, Queen Elizabeth, 13th December £399. 5 star cruse line at 2 star prices.

Just got back from a Caribbean cruise on ventura.We booked it 12 months ago and paid full price.Loads of people onboard took advantage of the £999 price.We felt a little cheated by P and O .The ship was only 2 thirds full though.I wondered if that was the norm for a end of November cruise.We managed to get upgraded from a outside cabin to a balcony for £50 pp .Had great time and cant wait to go again

Hi we are disgusted with p&o loyal cruisers like us over 25 yrs with them seem to count for nothing they have had our money for over 12months we booked seats on the plane 60 pound return to Barbados on Ventura Feb 14 2014 the first 12 rows were blocked off we asked who for and were told for last minute boomers and people who get to the airport first these seats are free how is this fair MLK

Hi we are disgusted with p&o loyal cruisers like us over 25 yrs with them seem to count for nothing they have had our money for over 12months we booked seats on the plane 60 pound return to Barbados on Ventura Feb 14 2014 the first 12 rows were blocked off we asked who for and were told for last minute boomers and people who get to the airport first these seats are free how is this fair MLK

w. wanderer,

Good evening to you, what exactly are you annoyed about, as stated by Jaczs the first 12 rows are for those going up to premium I would think if they are not all booked they would be issued on a first come basis, we always pre-book our seats so we can have seats at the rear where they go down to two seat rows well worth paying the extra. ;)  Ron

This is our fourth cruise with p&0 too the Caribbean always had complimentary drinks all the flight in a standard seat now we see its just tea and coffee unless you upgrade your seat does anyone know how long this as been the practise we last went only three years ago and everything was free or is it another p&0 cutback ps how much is a upgrade seat. 

This is our fourth cruise with p&0 too the Caribbean always had complimentary drinks all the flight in a standard seat now we see its just tea and coffee unless you upgrade your seat does anyone know how long this as been the practise we last went only three years ago and everything was free or is it another p&0 cutback ps how much is a upgrade seat. 

We are due to fly out on 1 Feb with P&O and I see too that complimentary drinks (stand fast Coffee and Tea) have been removed. Looks like it is indeed a cost savings exercise by P&O.

Semper

As the others have said this policy came in a while ago, if you upgrade to premier you have a dedicated check-in, priority boarding, a welcome on board glass of bubbly, larger seat and a bigger pitch as well as free drinks and a separated part of the cabin. If you are tall it is well worth the money.

Guest Solent Richard

i hear mixed reports about Ventura however a friend of mine returned this weekend and couldnt fault it at all. She has cruised many times so has plenty

to compare to.

I like the itineraries and the fact I can get a direct flight from a local airport so think I will take a look!

It's usually horses for courses Buddy and I can entirely understand where your friend is coming from.

Sadly it seems currently fashionable to knock P&O but I can put my hand on my heart and say I've never had a bad time on a P&O ship.

The fact that I never fancied Ventura is neither here nor there, that was entirely a personal choice due to the marketing of her as child (family) friendly.

We have enjoyed two excellent cruises on her sister ship Azura so I see no reason why, outside of school holidays, and providing the itinerary is suitable, we would not eventually sail in Ventura.

I'm just getting excited about the arrival of Britannia.  

tt10171165fltt.gif

A question, should you have to upgrade to be comfortable on a long haul flight? A few weeks ago I flew Hurghada return with EasyJet and was amazed at the leg room and comfort. EasyJet seats are now pre-allocated so no more rushing for the front of the queue and added to this was unlimited cabin luggage weight, unlike certain airlines that restrict you to 5kg. With BA, Iberia, AA, Delta and others again comfort, free drinks and decent cabin baggage weight allowance.