Sign in to follow this  
TrishaD

Anybody been on the Queen Victoria?

Hello everyone. Newbie posting here!

My husband and I have just booked a Mediterranean cruise on the Queen Victoria for the end of August - late notice I know!

Has anyone been on a cruise on this ship before? We're wondering what the rooms will be like - we have booked a Britannia Club Balcony room. Wondering what kind of facilities this might include for example, my hubby and I can't go a morning without our first cup of tea so a kettle would be welcomed! Although we have noticed that the ship offers afternoon tea which sounds very indulgent!

Thanks

Morning, TrishaD!

Lovely choice of profile picture, hopefully it will bring some well needed sunshine back to england today!

I sailed on a transatlantic cruise on the Queen Victoria a couple of years ago and can assure you that you've made the right choice. The ship is beautiful, very luxurious and all staff on board are lovely, very kind and attentive; all in all they are there to make sure you are relaxed and having a good time! My husband and I made particularly good friends with the wine programme leader (doesn't hurt to be friends with those in high places ;) ).

I particularly love the detail on board, especially the white glove service during dinner in the ballroom - it all adds to the effect that you're on a luxury cruise liner. Don't forget your smart clothes for the evening. A lot of people get the impression that the QV is extremely 'stiff' but they couldn't be more wrong. Yes people do like to dress smartly in the evenings but it doesn't require a full ball gown and tiara! And during the day you can go as casual as you like.

We stayed in a Princess Grill suite which was absolutely gorgeous, but when we went unfortunately there were NO tea or coffee making facilities. Although room service was free all day so you could always take advantage of that.

Enjoy! :)

Thanks for all the info SandraS! Shame that there aren't any tea making facilities in the rooms - I thought they would have realised what us old Brits are like!

Have you been on any other Cunard ships? Hubby and I would love to sample them all eventually!

Trisha

Guest Christine

Never been on Cunard but always wanted to - always thought their ships look like the epitome of Britishness upon the high seas.

Brad

You and me both Brad :)

Thanks for all the info SandraS! Shame that there aren't any tea making facilities in the rooms - I thought they would have realised what us old Brits are like!

Have you been on any other Cunard ships? Hubby and I would love to sample them all eventually!

Trisha

No sorry just that one, would love to try the Elizabeth though

Hello. My wife and I sailed on the Queen Elizabeth in September,Greek island cruise.We had a very enjoyable time on a magnificent ship in lovely weather.

We are due to embark on th Queen Victoria on Thursday.I will post my reveiw on our return.Jaguar 01.

• We have cruised on Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth many times.  No need for kettle etc in stateroom as full 24 hour room service is available.  The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful and it is never any trouble for them no matter how small the order!

• We have cruised on Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth many times.  No need for kettle etc in stateroom as full 24 hour room service is available.  The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful and it is never any trouble for them no matter how small the order!

Quite right! We don't want kettles in the room, waiters and butlers bring your morning cuppa