Saga’s Spirit of Adventure

Being a regular cruiser with P&O and not liking the new big ships we decided to try a Saga cruise on there latest ship. The size is just what we like just over 900 passengers. All balcony cabins and they are lovely even a standard cabin is a good size with everything you need, Tea/coffee tray, hairdryer, binoculars, robes and slippers, plenty of hangers in the wardrobe and a beautiful shower room. The staff were very happy, the food was excellent, the shows we watch with the singers and dancers were very professional. Some of the other entertainers were not to our liking.  My only negative comment is the main dinning room. It felt rushed and hectic, the staff seemed unhappy and the food was not very hot. We spoke with the Executive Chef during our time onboard but don’t suppose that will make any difference. All the other restaurants were great so we were able to enjoy our evenings away from the dinning room.  Would we go again, the jury is still out at the moment. One final comment, we have never had a cruise where our onboard account was under £20 so all inclusive is good.

• 1 month later...

Saga Cruises is undoubtedly a quality product but now that they have gone "boutique, all-balcony, all-inclusive" they are beyond my cruise budget. I normally book an inside or standard outside cabin and Saga prices are about double what I pay. I know a lot is included but I don't take many ship's excursions anyway and the ones Saga include are mainly "panoramic" tours meaning a basic drive around on a coach...

I have to add one thing that really impressed us was the pick up service from home ( and return) we had a private car both ways. When we arrived at the terminal in southampton our driver unloaded our luggage and took it to the collection point and within 15 minutes we were in our cabin. 
Also your travel insurance is also included in the price. You may have to pay a little extra if you have serious medical conditions, but it is still good value for money.