Best cruise ships for new Zealand cruises

Hi Julie

we havent done a cruise specifically just around NZ but did do a cruise from Sydney to Vancouver which stopped at Picton and Wellington only. We are keen to go back for a longer stay and anticipate taking a cruise from Sydney on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity or Princess which have good itineraries and include Milford/doubtful/dusky sound, Dundedin & Christchurch on South Island and Auckland, Bay of Islands, tauranga on north island

We were there for Easter 19 and it rained all day and looked a bit like home. You need to do your homework and see how long you are going for. We intend to do a cruise and do some motorhome and land travel as its such a big place

I see very tempting itineraries including the flights and transfers all the time- they area for Jan to March

talk to Bolsover or check out their web page for ideas - good luck

Hi Julie,

Whilst I am sure you will enjoy a cruise around New Zealand, that will only give you a snapshot of what is the most wonderful country to visit.

My wife and I toured there for 6 weeks in a motorhome when we first retired and still didn't do it justice - 4 weeks on South Island, leaving only 2 weeks on North Island.  We did return to Auckland on a cruise ship (P&O's Aurora) a few years later, boarding in San Francisco and spending a further week ashore to cover Bay of Islands, 90 Mile Beach and the Northern tip of North Island.

Certainly, the best time of year to visit is during their late Summer months - so January to March.

DavidH