Hi to all the regular forum members cruising seems to be starting up again I have booked a cruise with my Grandson next year having lost my husband thought I should make the cruise different so doing a fly cruise to Malta just 7 nights it’s a start 

I think things are different I see the Captains cocktail party is going to be remote so all done over the PA anybody experienced this yet 

Hello Jenjen. We’re taking our grandson (& his parents) on their first cruise next year to Norway. Hopefully by then most things will be back to how they used to be. I would like them to experience some of the little touches that make a cruise a bit special such as chocolate on the bed at night although I fear that now some things like that have gone they will be quietly dropped forever.

Hi Jenjen,

We've completely lost the confidence to book anything new.

We do have a cruise booked - Japan and Russia in April 2022 - but that is only because the original date of April 2020 was cancelled due to the first wave of Covid, rebooked for April 2021, then cancelled again.  I'm not at all sure it will go ahead in 2022 either, given the current state of play in Japan.

However, I do hope you enjoy your trip when it comes around.

DavidH

On 9/9/2021 at 9:33 PM, Jenjen said:

Hi to all the regular forum members cruising seems to be starting up again I have booked a cruise with my Grandson next year having lost my husband thought I should make the cruise different so doing a fly cruise to Malta just 7 nights it’s a start 

I think things are different I see the Captains cocktail party is going to be remote so all done over the PA anybody experienced this yet 

Hi Jenjen,

Good for you. Hopefully the cruise will be a success and you may feel like trying a solo run from Southampton. I've done quite a few cruises solo since my partner died in 2012. I must admit that the first sailaway from Southampton after Tony died was tough but some lovely nearby friends came down to Mayflower Park to wave me off.

I think some of the things we have been used to will have disappeared for ever but I am hopeful that the Captain's Cocktail night will reappear on most of P&O's ships. The two new ones carry 5200+ pax, so I doubt there ever was going to be the traditional Captain's Cocktail parties on those - just not feasible with so many pax, so an address from the Bridge and a voucher for a glass of cheap fizz is likely to be the norm on those...😂

I have a cruise booked for next summer aboard Aurora which I booked at launch because I had two lots of future cruise credit to use. I have also booked a 5 night Christmas Markets cruise with Ambassador Cruises for next year too and am hoping that by then either Covid will be away or we will all have found a way to live with it!