What Is Your Bet Cruising Tip

Research and planning.  Only you know what you want from a holiday, and different cruise lines offer a different experience.  As long as you match the experience to what you want you should have a great time on board.

Also, plan your itinerary before you leave too.  This will not only save you money on last-minute, overpriced shore excursions but you might also find it difficult to research ports of call on board with the overpriced and often unreliable ship's WiFi.

Research your holiday and you'll know what's coming - no disappointment!

Research and planning.  Only you know what you want from a holiday, and different cruise lines offer a different experience.  As long as you match the experience to what you want you should have a great time on board.

Also, plan your itinerary before you leave too.  This will not only save you money on last-minute, overpriced shore excursions but you might also find it difficult to research ports of call on board with the overpriced and often unreliable ship's WiFi.

Research your holiday and you'll know what's coming - no disappointment!

Morning dst87.

This has got to be the best tip when booking a cruise ;)

As dst87 says, research and planning. Know your expectations and make sure that at the end of your research your expectations are met. Knowing which ports you are calling at use a web site like What's in Port http://www.whatsinport.com/ to plan your excursions and decide what you want to see and where you want to go. Always consider a Ho-Ho bus. They offer fantastic value for money and are available in many ports of the world. http://www.city-sightseeing.com/

As dst87 says, research and planning. Know your expectations and make sure that at the end of your research your expectations are met. Knowing which ports you are calling at use a web site like What's in Port http://www.whatsinport.com/ to plan your excursions and decide what you want to see and where you want to go. Always consider a Ho-Ho bus. They offer fantastic value for money and are available in many ports of the world. http://www.city-sightseeing.com/

I love the CitySightseeing busses, and use them all over the place.  They're a great way to get around and the audio tours are often very informative!

Remember to keep the ticket as you can use this to get a discount on the next bus you use!

I was given this tip once.  With recent technology with need to charge everything from mobile phones, cameras to ipads.  Then for us ladies getting ready theirs straighteners all need plugging in & never enough sockets or in awkward places.  I bring a small extension lead  that gives me just a few more sockets.  I would never overload or leave items plugged in when I was not I the cabin.

I was given this tip once.  With recent technology with need to charge everything from mobile phones, cameras to ipads.  Then for us ladies getting ready theirs straighteners all need plugging in & never enough sockets or in awkward places.  I bring a small extension lead  that gives me just a few more sockets.  I would never overload or leave items plugged in when I was not I the cabin.

i actually did this by accident on my last one, didnt realise the extension lead had been left in the case from moving, was a gods send lol

I too always take an extension lead these days. Good tip RiverSong.

RiverSong, on 27 Nov 2013 - 4:57 PM, said:snapback.png

I definitly need to remember this for next time. I come to get ready for dinner in the evening and at this point with straighteners/hair Dryer and Camera chargers on the go there just arent enough sockets! Thanks very much Riversong

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mega pegs, brilliant for holding towels in place on the sunbeds (if you are lucky enough to find one :D )

Buying toiletries airside if you are battling the weight in your suitcases.

Shoe holder to hang from the bathroom door for said toiletries - space is limited in the bathrooms.

As already mentioned - extension lead.

In the Caribbean - stock up on soft drinks and alcohol in Barbados, saves carrying it on the plane and it most cases is cheaper.

Research your ports of call and book excursions privately - usually much better value than ship ones.

Best of all ENJOY yourself. :)

Molly

• 3 weeks later...