Canaries In February??

Hello Tigerlilly,

I have been to the Canaries several times in February/early March and the temperature is mild and warm ( 18-20 deg ). There is a bit of a breeze in the Canaries so this can make it feel cooler though.

Does the cruise you are looking at leave from the uk ? because if this is the case then you are likely just to get three or four days of good weather, so make sure you choose a ship where there is plenty to do indoors !.

I would like to do a Canary Island cruise - it isnt somewhere that I have been either.

My only concern, is that all the Islands are quite similar, not a lot to see etc.. I do like to do a bit of ambling round new places.

I agree popsicle - my concern too! we have thoroughly enjoyed the med and baltic cruises. We are just looking for some winter sun and the budget doesn't seem to stretch to caribbean sadly :mellow:

I've been to the Canaries/Madeira a few times. Twice on a cruise around the Canaries and a few times stopping off in Madeira on Trans Atlantic crossings. All have been in winter time ranging from November to March. The weather has always been warm - once there!!  Getting there from the UK can be a bit choppy and 'cool'. Lovely if you like sea days - which fortunately I do.

Apart from Madeira I find the Canary islands a bit uninteresting. It's really the cruise itself I went for AND I would do it again. A very nice winter break. 

cheers

Harvey

I was on Braemar last March around the Canary Islands and the weather was sunny and warm. Temperatures 22c/25c. Definitely a great way to get some winter sunshine. We were on tours every day and they were most interesting. Did you know for instance that the Canary Islands are a major supplier of Aloe Vera. We visited a farm/factory and saw it being grown and processed. Another fact I learned was that some of the vines for the major Canary Wines originated from Bulgaria. The history of the islands go back thousands of years and the history museum on Tenerife is a great way of learning about it. There is a lot to see and learn from the 7 islands that make up the Canaries.

Iv'e been holidaying in Lanzarote for around the past 17 year during Feb/Mar and have always found the weather sunny and warm. Sometimes yes it can be windy but the

island is lovely especially Playa Blanca in the South which has sandy beaches and fab restaurants. In fact off there again next March for 10 days !

Iv'e been holidaying in Lanzarote for around the past 17 year during Feb/Mar and have always found the weather sunny and warm. Sometimes yes it can be windy but the

island is lovely especially Playa Blanca in the South which has sandy beaches and fab restaurants. In fact off there again next March for 10 days !

Will be there again in January.

I agree popsicle - my concern too! we have thoroughly enjoyed the med and baltic cruises. We are just looking for some winter sun and the budget doesn't seem to stretch to caribbean sadly :mellow:

My budget doesn't strech to blummng Bruge at the moment!!

I think I would take a Canaries cruise if a good deal came up. As it is I am off to France, Spain and Guernsey in May on lovely Oceana :-)

• 3 months later...