5 hours ago, Pesky Pirate said:

Is anyone else going to log into the naming ceremony on May 16th, well Line of Duty has finished and there isn’t much else scheduled on tv.... 🙂🙂

not everyone has been given the opportunity.

15 hours ago, Pesky Pirate said:

An email came through from  P and O sending a link to say if you were interested. I thought it was a generic one.

No not everyone has received the e-mail and only a selective few have received the e-mail.

As ever with P&O Marketing and IT, it is anyone's guess as to the rationale behind who has been sent the email. I got one, which goes to prove there's no monitoring of their social media as I have made it clear that Iona doesn't interest me. I have however accepted the invitation - but did wait until the shut-off date so as to hopefully not deprive anyone who is keen to go on her. I am interested in the naming ceremony but don't expect to ever sail on her.

1 hour ago, afcandrew said:

As ever with P&O Marketing and IT, it is anyone's guess as to the rationale behind who has been sent the email. I got one, which goes to prove there's no monitoring of their social media as I have made it clear that Iona doesn't interest me. I have however accepted the invitation - but did wait until the shut-off date so as to hopefully not deprive anyone who is keen to go on her. I am interested in the naming ceremony but don't expect to ever sail on her.

We have a cruise booked on Iona and have done well over 30 cruises with P&O but we havent received the e-mail. Obviously P&O dont understand about loyalty or at least expect you be loyal to them but not return it.

Edited by sinbad10
On 5/12/2021 at 1:20 PM, sinbad10 said:

We have a cruise booked on Iona and have done well over 30 cruises with P&O but we havent received the e-mail. Obviously P&O dont understand about loyalty or at least expect you be loyal to them but not return it.

As you say you are already booked on Iona so they don’t need to sell to you. Like you we have been cruising with P & O for many years but only on the small or Adult only ships. Therefore they need to sell Iona to us. Maybe that is why we received the invitation. 

I must say that I was very underwhelmed. Half the ceremony was advertising for their various partnerships. I thought the ship was poorly lit and was very surprised that there weren't any fireworks. On the plus side, the tech worked very well!

On 5/16/2021 at 10:24 PM, afcandrew said:

I must say that I was very underwhelmed. Half the ceremony was advertising for their various partnerships. I thought the ship was poorly lit and was very surprised that there weren't any fireworks. On the plus side, the tech worked very well!

Apparently the fireworks were cancelled due to the inclement weather.

On 5/21/2021 at 11:33 AM, sinbad10 said:

Apparently the fireworks were cancelled due to the inclement weather.

I can understand that sinbad. Thanks. I do however think they could have had a contingency with some compact pyrotechnics on the quayside to set off at the bottle-smash.