UK "Coastal Waters" Cruises

I see that P&O has cancelled all international cruises until September/October (depending on ship) and will be replacing these with UK Coastal Cruising. Full details yet to be released but initial publicity suggests that there will not be any ports of call. Princess has announced similar intentions and it is likely that Cunard will too.

Anyone interested these? I might consider one depending on price but only because I have recently priced solo breaks with Warner Hotels and they seem to have gone sky-high. If I do, I will probably look to try a new ship - even a larger one that I wouldn't consider a full-length cruise on.

I suppose it may be a series of short cruises which would be ok as a tester to see if you liked the ship or not, particularly the big ones.. I don’t think cruising will go back to how it was for quite a while and it will only need one person to get on a boat with the virus for it to spread. Better to be in uk waters and get taken off in the uk rather than abroad.

Hopefully with them being only available to UK residents that by the time of cruise most people will be vaccinated so if covid is spread to anyone carrying it there will be no serious effects. Problem is will Cunard/P&O/Princess demand that all cruisers will be vaccinated and will the inevitable vaccine passport be available by then and will children be allowed onboard who will not be vaccinated.

55 minutes ago, Pesky Pirate said:

I suppose it may be a series of short cruises which would be ok as a tester to see if you liked the ship or not, particularly the big ones.. I don’t think cruising will go back to how it was for quite a while and it will only need one person to get on a boat with the virus for it to spread. Better to be in uk waters and get taken off in the uk rather than abroad.

I believe they will be 2, 3 and 7 night cruises. No 'back-to-backs' allowed.