oceana sold immediateley

I think Princess will get rid the diamond after the bad publicity when the corona virus made the headlines I can’t see anybody would have confidence sailing on her, 

I am sorry to see cruise ships going but has anybody said anything about all the new ships on order, Cunard new ship was coming into service next year, but that’s been mentioned or I have not seen anything.

22 minutes ago, Jenjen said:

I think Princess will get rid the diamond after the bad publicity when the corona virus made the headlines I can’t see anybody would have confidence sailing on her, 

I am sorry to see cruise ships going but has anybody said anything about all the new ships on order, Cunard new ship was coming into service next year, but that’s been mentioned or I have not seen anything.

Cunard's new ship is not due until 2022 not 2021.

13 hours ago, Jenjen said:

Diamond and Sapphire would be my favourite Grand class ships, they were the last of the original design before they added the extra deck, so are less crowded than the later ones, and they spilt the midship MDRs in two giving them 4 Anytime dining restaurants, with signature dishes to reflect their different styles. Any ship faced with the same situation as Diamond would have suffered the same problems, but I imagine it more than any other will be wanting to prove itself in future, which could make it a good choice.

3 hours ago, towny44 said:

Diamond and Sapphire would be my favourite Grand class ships, they were the last of the original design before they added the extra deck, so are less crowded than the later ones, and they spilt the midship MDRs in two giving them 4 Anytime dining restaurants, with signature dishes to reflect their different styles. Any ship faced with the same situation as Diamond would have suffered the same problems, but I imagine it more than any other will be wanting to prove itself in future, which could make it a good choice.

Totally agree about the Grand Class ships. Been on Azura twice and probably never again - just feels so overcrowded to me.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, bluemoon said:

Carnaval group are selling 6 ships

In total, Carnival Corp have announced that they are offloading 18 ships that are older and not cost-effective. Until today, that figure was 13, so they have upped it by 5. They have however recently sold two HAL ships to Fred Olsen, which were not in the original 13, so there are another 3 to be identified/named.

It does seem strange that three out of four of the sun-class ships have been off-loaded when there are older ships in other fleets. Maybe they have been particularly costly to run or maintain? The only one left is sailing as Pacific Explorer for P&O Australia and it looks like she has been refurbished to provide quite a few extra on-board revenue streams...