Sign in to follow this  
Davybe

What a win

Watched the Cricket yesterday ,and what a match it was .well done England great win .

Must say with a few overs left I was convinced we had lost ,but with a bit of luck we won ,

Anyone else watch, or did Wimbledon grab you ?....Davybe

Yes we watched it and what a great match Dayybe, I thought we had bl;own it several times especially after New Zealands 6 in the super over, what a Topsy Turvy game it was.

As for Wimbledon and the Grand Prix we watched those as well, in fact the TV remote has never worked harder. 

3 hours ago, towny44 said:

Yes we watched it and what a great match Dayybe, I thought we had bl;own it several times especially after New Zealands 6 in the super over, what a Topsy Turvy game it was.

As for Wimbledon and the Grand Prix we watched those as well, in fact the TV remote has never worked harder. 

Bet some need new remotes after Sunday....Davybe

A fabulous win that at one point I gave up hope of seeing but in the end , well done England, you did us proud.

Has anyone else read this and what do you think?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/cricket/england-were-incorrectly-awarded-extra-run-in-world-cup-final-after-umpire-error-claims-simon-taufel-a4189906.html

Edited by Oldworldtraveller

2 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

A fabulous win that at one point I gave up hope of seeing but in the end , well done England, you did us proud.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/cricket/england-were-incorrectly-awarded-extra-run-in-world-cup-final-after-umpire-error-claims-simon-taufel-a4189906.html

Yes a clear mistake made, however it would still have left Ben Stokes with 2 balls to make 4 runs, so who is to say he would not have hit a boundary and won it without the need for a super over?

10 hours ago, towny44 said:

Yes a clear mistake made, however it would still have left Ben Stokes with 2 balls to make 4 runs, so who is to say he would not have hit a boundary and won it without the need for a super over?

We will never know, but again, well done England, you did us proud.

ive been on quite a few forums following the cricket and the awful comments following taufels stirring are horrendous, however when you look at those complaining and making a fuss, they are all either indian,australian or scottish. not a kiwi among them. i think the kiwi skipper and his team have handled themselves impeccably given the way lady luck conspired against them.

given taufel is on the icc rules committee he should have kept his mouth shut and dealt with it internally through the umpires system but its no suprise really given his history against england and the ashes coming up later hes obviously getting his digs in early.

he wasnt keen when people highlighted errors he made during his carreer.

20 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Well all I can say is people can shout their mouths off all they likes but it won't change the result.

In all sports around the world there's always an element of luck and misfortune, England on this occasion had the rub of the green and are world champions, New Zealand played an exceptional part and their true sportsmanship and professionalism has shone through following it, which is a great example of how sport should be played both when winning or in defeat.

The likes of Simon Taufel are obviously green with envy of our achievements hence their comments, never mind eh they are the losers unlike us :lol:

HLM.

16 hours ago, HLM said:

Well all I can say is people can shout their mouths off all they likes but it won't change the result.

In all sports around the world there's always an element of luck and misfortune, England on this occasion had the rub of the green and are world champions, New Zealand played an exceptional part and their true sportsmanship and professionalism has shone through following it, which is a great example of how sport should be played both when winning or in defeat.

The likes of Simon Taufel are obviously green with envy of our achievements hence their comments, never mind eh they are the losers unlike us :lol:

HLM.

Simon Taufel is Australian ,from that well known cricket cheating ,and sore losers nation.Hope we tonk them in the Ashes...Davybe

Oh the love of ship internet (not). We were trying to watch the final but with 2 balls to go the ship lost signal.

Loving the comments re Taufel though and it reminded me of a shirt that a crowd member was wearing at Trent Bridge recently in the World Cup which as you will read below  was priceless

Australian Rules of Cricket

Bat   YES

Ball   Yes

Sandpaper YES

Dignity xxxxxxx