MSC angers cruisers

MSC has angered many who have booked with them after they from the 12th November have replaced all there drinks packages.

Gone are the all inclusive classic packages and been replaced with.

Easy Package

EASY PACKAGE
Book now unlimited consumption of selected drinks! 
Including:
  • One brand of draught beer (Heineken*) and/or Miller Lite bottled beer
  • Selection of house wines by the glass
  • Selection of spirits and cocktails
  • Aperitifs (Vermouth)
  • Alcohol-free cocktails
  • Soft drinks and fruit juices by the glass
  • Energy drinks
  • Bottled mineral water
  • Classic hot drinks (espresso, cappuccino, caffe latte, hot tea)
  • Coffee and chocolate delights (hot and cold)

Can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding speciality restaurants. 

Satisfy your thirst with our drinks selection! 

Premium Package

PREMIUM PACKAGE

Book now unlimited consumption of all drinks priced up to $12! 
Including all Easy Package drinks plus:

Draught and bottled beers

Wider selection of wines by the glass (sparkling, white-red-rosè)

Wider selection of cocktails

All Aperitifs (cordials and liqueurs)

All Standard and Premium spirits

Fresh fruit & vegetables cocktails

Can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including speciality restaurants. 

Refresh yourself whenever you want with a wide choice of drinks! 

TERMS & CONDITIONS: This package is for personal use only and valid for one booking at a time. The ID card issued with the package is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the package may result in the service being withdrawn and the remaining days not being refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on a daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be terminated and refunded. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses, ice cream menu, retail items, minibar and room service.

people are not happy as no one knows if you had and paid for the all inclusive classic at what level are you now its causing quite a stir

• 2 months later...

We feel your pain. Any drink up to €6 when nearly all cocktails are more than €6 is a joke. I’ve emailed MSC to let them know how I feel. We booked with MSC on the strength of the value for money we got from last years ultimate drinks and ice cream package. This will be our last cruise with MSC

luckily we paid for the all inclusive classic before the changes and MSC are honouring all of those brought before the changes.

I think they realised that the drinks packages were among if not the cheapest on th market they still do at least run special offers of premium package drinks included on some fantastica experiences

Could I just ask what ship you are sailing on and did you book your drinks package when you booked your cruise.We didn't book our package when we booked the cruise as we were told we could add the package at our leisure but  what they didn't say was they were going to make changes to the drinks packages .We wanted to book the the all inclusive restaurant and bar package which we had last cruise We are currently in disagreement with MSC over this as they say that package no longer exists.They also say they have the right to make changes without informing customers. My argument is, if that package no longer exist why can some people have it and some people can't.

I paid the deposit then after a while I paid the difference including the all inclusive restaurant and bar whic in the carribean is the all inclusive classic before the change to the new drinks packages on November 12th.

We are going on the Seaside.

If someone booked the old drinks packages before the 12th November last year then they are honouring those packages. If you wanted the drinks package after that date then you have to have the new drinks packages regardless as to if you have fully paid for the cruise

14 hours ago, midhusband said:

Could I just ask what ship you are sailing on and did you book your drinks package when you booked your cruise.We didn't book our package when we booked the cruise as we were told we could add the package at our leisure but  what they didn't say was they were going to make changes to the drinks packages .We wanted to book the the all inclusive restaurant and bar package which we had last cruise We are currently in disagreement with MSC over this as they say that package no longer exists.They also say they have the right to make changes without informing customers. My argument is, if that package no longer exist why can some people have it and some people can't.

Standard practice so I doubt you`ll get anywhere. The only way you can get a package is if you pay for it in full before the changes and unless you have something in writing promising you the same rate if you book it later I cannot see why they would concede as their terms allow them to change packages.