one sleep to go... lol

are we excited yet ? ha ha.

tommorrow 28 nights on arcadia, sun and warmth here i come, its blooming freezing here today.

the main bag left on wednesday courtesy of thebaggagehandlingcompany.

just the hand luggage to sort, who knew a months prescription could take up so much room,time to get rid of the packaging i think.

book the taxi and am good to go.

what are your last minute checks.

do you still get excited or do you dread the journey there, squabbles over navigation/sat nav does your partner repeat everything the sat nav says or disagrees with everything the sat nav says. "i wouldnt have gone that way its quicker this way or that.

are you ready to commit murder before you get there,lol.

i do like the train just get there sit and switch off. just hope i dont get the one with headphones that deafen the entire carriage.

Edited by mitch
2nd thought for the day

Have a great cruise Mitch,post us as you go along?

After last pack lock and label cases, check we have passports and credit debit cards, keys ,pills etc.

Check heating set up for holidays using hive, flush toilet 3 times? check kitchen and rest of flat that's all off, get son-in law to drive us to coach .

Holiday starts when cases get loaded onto coach.Hoping we do not get a seat near a fresh air fanatic?....Davybe

I must admit that I find the lead-up to a cruise a little stressful these days.  It was fine when there were two of us as we could double-check things with each other (have you remembered to pack the... etc).  Since Tony died and everything is down to me, I am constantly worrying that I will forget something vital!  I do relax a bit once I am in the overnight hotel before boarding and once on-board I totally relax as if I have forgotten anything, it isn't that vital!  I should really make a list and tick everything off.

I write yet another list a couple of weeks before we go starting with cancelling the paper delivery & ending with lock the front door. Everything gets crossed off as it gets done so hopefully we have no niggling doubts after we've set off. One new thing this time before we go next week is to put all the clocks & timers back an hour so we're on the right time when we get home. Enjoy your cruise Mitch 🛳😎

13 hours ago, mitch said:

are we excited yet ? ha ha.

tommorrow 28 nights on arcadia, sun and warmth here i come, its blooming freezing here today.

the main bag left on wednesday courtesy of thebaggagehandlingcompany.

just the hand luggage to sort, who knew a months prescription could take up so much room,time to get rid of the packaging i think.

book the taxi and am good to go.

what are your last minute checks.

do you still get excited or do you dread the journey there, squabbles over navigation/sat nav does your partner repeat everything the sat nav says or disagrees with everything the sat nav says. "i wouldnt have gone that way its quicker this way or that.

are you ready to commit murder before you get there,lol.

i do like the train just get there sit and switch off. just hope i dont get the one with headphones that deafen the entire carriage.

I'll give you a wave at the Port tomorrow Mitch, I'm on Independence of the Seas for five days. First time with with RC and certainly the largest ship I've sailed on - going with an open mind, just fancied the itinerary.

Enjoy your cruise, look forward to reading  your posts over the next month. 

I'll be checking & double checking in the morning. 🚽🔑

11 hours ago, afcandrew said:

I must admit that I find the lead-up to a cruise a little stressful these days.  It was fine when there were two of us as we could double-check things with each other (have you remembered to pack the... etc).  Since Tony died and everything is down to me, I am constantly worrying that I will forget something vital!  I do relax a bit once I am in the overnight hotel before boarding and once on-board I totally relax as if I have forgotten anything, it isn't that vital!  I should really make a list and tick everything off.

Understand totally, I'm in the same position & does prove very stressful. 

Always check I've got passport, boarding pass & credit card - Once I've locked my case I know I can work around anything I may have overlooked. 

Doesn't stop me worrying though!