you need to check each time as to the better obc. the military obc can only be used on the main fares not saver or booked on board. a lot of the time its of no benefit as on board offers combined with the low deposit are usually more advantageous. i think theyre a bit mean over it but thats the same with many uk companies when you compare it to what companies in the usa offer their veterans etc. ive even found a few american companies extend their offers to uk veterans which is handy. the best thing i found is the veterans oyster card which gives you free travel in london.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/05/2018 at 8:20 AM, Roy Brown said:

Are people aware that if you book your cruise on board P &O do not give military benefit.

roy

And nor should they. The US can do what they like but in the UK it`s a career choice like any  others and they should have no benefit that other public servants  don`t get. 

i will be polite and say that as we live in a democratic country with free speech your entitled to your opinion. but i will exercise my right to disagree with you.

the expectations and demands made on our armed forces and civil emergancy services relative to their salaries are rediculous and any benefit that a company wishes to give them in recognition of that service is welcome and deserved. but it should be an additional benefit over and above any benefit they give other customers.

in the past very few uk companies gave any recognition to them, it is nice now to see that changing.

1 hour ago, jinky said:

And nor should they. The US can do what they like but in the UK it`s a career choice like any  others and they should have no benefit that other public servants  don`t get. 

You seem to have forgotten 'National Service' Jinky. That was not a career choice and there are thousands of people still alive from those times. I think had you ever been in a theatre of war, you may have a different opinion. As always just my opinion. 

5 hours ago, mitch said:

i will be polite and say that as we live in a democratic country with free speech your entitled to your opinion. but i will exercise my right to disagree with you.

the expectations and demands made on our armed forces and civil emergancy services relative to their salaries are rediculous and any benefit that a company wishes to give them in recognition of that service is welcome and deserved. but it should be an additional benefit over and above any benefit they give other customers.

in the past very few uk companies gave any recognition to them, it is nice now to see that changing.

I really don't have a problem with any of the front line armed forces and civil emergency services getting additional benefits, as you say Mitch the expectations and demands made on these services are incredible.

My objection is to the back room staff who are also reaping these benefits with certain companies, which i understand from a NHS worker is known as the 'blue light' discount.