packing list (what i forgot last time)

ok 22 days to go, the ticket and luggage tags are on the cruise personalizer, trains booked as is baggage handling company. so i had better start packing lol.

venturer, madiera and the canaries await.

its persisting down here in non sunny derbyshire as i write this, so what to pack?

what are your must haves? keep it clean folks, 58 year old widower lol.

It should be nice and sunny in Madeira and the Canaries in April although having done land holidays in the past to the Canaries they can also get rain so don't forget to take a light showerproof jacket.

Yes Mitch lovely weather here in Derbyshire this morning but being Bank Holiday do we expect anything different :huh: on the plus side it's a whole lot better than it was 2/3 weeks ago :o

Hi Mitch.

We are off next Sunday my wife packs everything, we could cope with a tropical heat wave or a blizzard ?

Plenty of warm weather wear, and Undies ,She does not need that many shoes, and a water proof coat just in case.

Hissing it down in North Wales at the moment ,looks like a bad start to the season....Davybe

One year I forgot to pack my husbands evening shirts. It was only when we were getting ready for the first formal night that we realised. I rushed to the shop but they only had one left size 14, no good for him. I had to buy a white shirt that cost £64. Needless to say I will not forget to pack his evening shirts again.

Your best friend is  a pack a Mac well it is mine, port days warm to hot so layers, sea days could be quite cool again layers, but also the mac for outside use, formal nights your DJ others you know what you wear.

Sun cream, first aid, medication your percription, usual wash bag contents, bits and bobs you can’t live without.chargers, 

i look at the ports, and dress code then make a list what I could wear, each day and each evening, but may a lady thing, my Husband does the same sort of thing 

have a lovely time.

well best laid plans and all that, contacted the gp and explained i was going on hols so i needed 2 months of prescription as renewal date is the 28th. went to chemist this morning not only was there only 1 months supply there was only one months supply of half the items. so ive sent a snotty email detailing what i am short of. so much for being organised and ordering in advance. i suppose a good thing in that i didnt leave it to the last minute. theres plenty of time to sort it out. lol. good job i have a weeks worth of back up.

22 hours ago, mitch said:

well best laid plans and all that, contacted the gp and explained i was going on hols so i needed 2 months of prescription as renewal date is the 28th. went to chemist this morning not only was there only 1 months supply there was only one months supply of half the items. so ive sent a snotty email detailing what i am short of. so much for being organised and ordering in advance. i suppose a good thing in that i didnt leave it to the last minute. theres plenty of time to sort it out. lol. good job i have a weeks worth of back up.

I have the same problem ,will have to start timing my holidays to fit in with my Prescription due dates??

My Wife packed odd shoes one year? Both the same colour but different styles, cost me another new pair .....Davybe

ha ha i no longer have that problem davybe unfortunateley, she passed away in 2003.but one cruise i ended up with just one pair of shoes, i had lost track of the packing due to someone adding more and more essentials and i thought i had packed a lot of shoes which i had , just not mine !

8 hours ago, Davybe said:

I have the same problem ,will have to start timing my holidays to fit in with my Prescription due dates??

My Wife packed odd shoes one year? Both the same colour but different styles, cost me another new pair .....Davybe

I'm usually pretty good with packing as I have a list and it doesn't get crossed off the list until it's actually in the case .. last Xmas however as bad weather had been forecast we decided to go to Southampton even earlier than planned and whilst the bulk of the packing had been done once we made the decision it was a mad rush and I forgot to pack quite a few things ( mainly my things :( ) not a problem as I was able to buy on the ship but at a far greater cost than I would have paid at home. 

11 hours ago, Davybe said:

Not cruise related, but I drove to pick up our son from University to take him to High School Graduation where he was getting an award.  I reminded him to pack his 'interview' suit, shirt, tie etc.  When he got dressed at home he discovered he had packed one black shoe and one brown.  He only had trainers, so he had to shuffle across the stage to get his award wearing his Dad's shoes which were two sizes too big.

12 hours ago, smtcan said:

Not cruise related, but I drove to pick up our son from University to take him to High School Graduation where he was getting an award.  I reminded him to pack his 'interview' suit, shirt, tie etc.  When he got dressed at home he discovered he had packed one black shoe and one brown.  He only had trainers, so he had to shuffle across the stage to get his award wearing his Dad's shoes which were two sizes too big.

Friends of ours packing to leave the ship, and catch the coach home , Her Partner packed all her shoes in the case and she had nothing to wear to leave the ship,luckly  for her she could borrow some Flip flop's several sizes to big, and eventually make in the rain to the coach.His bruises soon faded....Davybe

On 3/31/2018 at 12:01 AM, mitch said:

ok 22 days to go, the ticket and luggage tags are on the cruise personalizer, trains booked as is baggage handling company. so i had better start packing lol.

venturer, madiera and the canaries await.

its persisting down here in non sunny derbyshire as i write this, so what to pack?

what are your must haves? keep it clean folks, 58 year old widower lol.

Hi mitch,

As Madeira is on your itinerary, I would be taking decent walking boots to do some levada walking.

And don't forget the sunscreen, you lucky blighter!!

Enjoy.

DavidH