Jump to content

How many days until your next cruise?


Recommended Posts

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, mitch said:

oriana 15 feb 20 28 days to carribean from/to soton prebooked today they will confirm when it goes on sale on the 22nd.

i will look for one around oct 20 time but my problem is i cant fly so it needs to be a uk from/to.

theres a couple of fred olsen i like the look of during summer time so i may look to go earlier in 2020.

i am on my own now, nowt else to spend it on lol. and the job i do i can still do onboard so its not an issue.

We prebooked this and got confirmation of our first choice cabin on 22nd. Hope you did too! Husband doesn't want to do long haul flights anymore so this is how I get to still cruise the Caribbean. We have one more long haul - Alaska on Celebrity with the Rocky Mountaineer train afterwards in June this year. Have a week in May on Sapphire Princess, 2 weeks on Queen Elisabeth in September, 2 weeks on Aurora in November, 12 days on Aurora in Feb 2019, 2 weeks on Oriana in July 2019 and 29 days on Aurora in Sept 2019. I've vmanaged to get the type of cabin we prefer for a good price by booking so far in advance.

I bought some shares in Carnival and get extra OBC on all their cruise lines which makes it all very worthwhile.

We've never tried Fred Olsen and are curious how they compare to other cruise lines.

Carry On Cruising :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:16 AM, Tom Cruise said:

Just booked our holiday through Bolsover for next year, it's 500 days away! 

This is the longest we have ever had to wait for a holiday as we always book last minute.

We do have a few other holidays planned for this year, so not too bad I suppose.

How many days until your next cruise?

We've booked for Celebrity Edge August 2019, Britannia in August this year.

I love to cruise but my hubby not such a fan.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2018 at 10:08 AM, Tom Cruise said:

Over 570 days, I thought my wait was bad.

Only 499 today :D

46 days for us.   We always booked long in advance and all worked very successfully for a long time until illness struck and we had to cancel three cruises We are now almost recovered but we are finding that cruises we would like are sold out and we are having to take what is available and the prices for available cruises are amazingly high.

I just thought that someone would like to know about both ends of the story.

Link to post
Share on other sites

52 days to CMV Marco Polo's Land of Fire & Ice. Departing from and arriving back to Cardiff Docks!

I've waited a very long time indeed, and always wanted to cruise on Marco Polo.

She was long out our way with Orient Lines, such beautiful lines.

She remains one of the truly classic ships of that now fast and sadly diminishing era. We need to cherish them, whilst we still have them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HALaP&O said:

52 days to CMV Marco Polo's Land of Fire & Ice. Departing from and arriving back to Cardiff Docks!

I've waited a very long time indeed, and always wanted to cruise on Marco Polo.

She was long out our way with Orient Lines, such beautiful lines.

She remains one of the truly classic ships of that now fast and sadly diminishing era. We need to cherish them, whilst we still have them. 

We love her, she maybe old and a bit worn round the edges (but then so are we) but she has a fantastic atmosphere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 12:32 PM, Dozydo said:

Approaching 81st Birthday I just wonder how you go on for Insurance when booking so far in advance. I still manage annual insurance at reasonable rate but in 18 months time I might  not be eligible. Six months ahead is my maximum -most likely it will be 6 weeks. 

Hi Dozydo,

I guess it becomes important to only pay the minimum deposit up front rather than full payment in advance.  At least that would minimize your exposure to financial risk, should you have to cancel outwith the insurance period.

DavidH

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, Countrygirl said:

We love her, she maybe old and a bit worn round the edges (but then so are we) but she has a fantastic atmosphere.

Thanks for the encouraging endorsement. We managed to book Saga Ruby and seemingly, MV Funchal in their final seasons. We are thus, sincerely hoping that it will not prove to be Marco Polo's final season, just yet.

Whilst I'm more than familiar with P&O, Cunard and HAL's Vista class ships, etc. etc. I still much prefer the 'feel' of hand built ships of older times, than the essential mono block construction of today. (Whilst respectfully acknowledging, how incredibly cleverand complex a modern day ship building system actually is.)

I guess I still love the old ships, as they more accurately reflect the ships and thus the dreams of my long lost boyhood days.  

Thanks for your kind words.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

My answer to this question would be...TOO many!

Nothing in the pipeline for me at the moment due to issues with ill health but reading the last 2 pages of this thread alone are inspiration to once again start looking.

The Caribbean is an interesting one for me. I would consider a Caribbean cruise for sure but I'm not fully convinced. I'm a little sceptical about the repetitiveness of each port visit and the limitations of such an itinerary. Can anyone suggest otherwise?

I've done several land-based Caribbean trips and loved it but always been unable to cruise the Caribbean in the past due to my wife's holiday limitations from working in a school.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sammy sun said:

My answer to this question would be...TOO many!

Nothing in the pipeline for me at the moment due to issues with ill health but reading the last 2 pages of this thread alone are inspiration to once again start looking.

The Caribbean is an interesting one for me. I would consider a Caribbean cruise for sure but I'm not fully convinced. I'm a little sceptical about the repetitiveness of each port visit and the limitations of such an itinerary. Can anyone suggest otherwise?

I've done several land-based Caribbean trips and loved it but always been unable to cruise the Caribbean in the past due to my wife's holiday limitations from working in a school.

Hi sammy sun,

Know what you mean about repetitive port visits on Caribbean cruises. 

It was for this very reason that we decided on back to back Marella cruises in January/February this year, with Montego Bay as the hub.  We visited Cuba, Belize, Honduras and Guatemala.  Certainly different from the norm and an enjoyable experience.

DavidH

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DavidH said:

Hi sammy sun,

Know what you mean about repetitive port visits on Caribbean cruises. 

It was for this very reason that we decided on back to back Marella cruises in January/February this year, with Montego Bay as the hub.  We visited Cuba, Belize, Honduras and Guatemala.  Certainly different from the norm and an enjoyable experience.

DavidH

Hi David,

How did you find Marella Cruises? Was it enjoyable on board?

My in-laws are currently looking at a similar itinerary for early 2019. They've never cruised before though so I'm a little weary in giving advice when they've asked for it because I think it's quite hard to suggest options for family members for the fear they won't enjoy it. I've taken the approach of sitting back and letting them decide for themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sammy sun said:

Hi David,

How did you find Marella Cruises? Was it enjoyable on board?

My in-laws are currently looking at a similar itinerary for early 2019. They've never cruised before though so I'm a little weary in giving advice when they've asked for it because I think it's quite hard to suggest options for family members for the fear they won't enjoy it. I've taken the approach of sitting back and letting them decide for themselves.

Hi Sammy,

I posted a review of our trip under the heading "Cuban Fusion, Marella Discovery 2, January 2018", a thread started by afcandrew, with whom we had the pleasure of meeting on board.

Hopefully, that will answer your question but please get back to me if not.

DavidH

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sammy,

I think you are right taking the approach of letting them decide for themselves.  I was on the same cruise as David in January (well, the first half of it anyway) and had done quite a lot of research about Marella before going.  My research very much suggested that Marella is a 'marmite' brand.  I haven't since changed my mind :).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you to both of you for replying. I've read the review and appreciate the feedback you've left for others to read.

I do think it's best to stay off the radar when others are deciding on their first cruise, or even any cruise really. Better to only give an opinion when it's asked for I think, rather than it leading to a negative experience and then coming back to bite you. After all, we're all different and like what we like. What works for one doesn't for another so I prefer to encourage people to work it out for themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...