Tom Cruise

How many days until your next cruise?

Just booked our holiday through Bolsover for next year, it's 500 days away! 

This is the longest we have ever had to wait for a holiday as we always book last minute.

We do have a few other holidays planned for this year, so not too bad I suppose.

How many days until your next cruise?

i have booked 21st apr-4 may venturer, 20 oct-17 nov arcadia, 14 apr 19-28 apr 19 qm2, 29 oct 19-26 nov 19 arcadia.

thats all so far may book a feb 2020 one later today lol.

3 hours ago, mitch said:

i have booked 21st apr-4 may venturer, 20 oct-17 nov arcadia, 14 apr 19-28 apr 19 qm2, 29 oct 19-26 nov 19 arcadia.

thats all so far may book a feb 2020 one later today lol.

Wow, that's a lot of cruises booked - lucky you. We went on Ventura in 2016.

What are you fancying for 2020? You could wait and book on the new P&O ship :D

oriana 15 feb 20 28 days to carribean from/to soton prebooked today they will confirm when it goes on sale on the 22nd.

i will look for one around oct 20 time but my problem is i cant fly so it needs to be a uk from/to.

theres a couple of fred olsen i like the look of during summer time so i may look to go earlier in 2020.

i am on my own now, nowt else to spend it on lol. and the job i do i can still do onboard so its not an issue.

main reason for booking these was the single supp was 60% or so whereas later although the price may come down the supplement goes up to 100% so scuppers any late booking advantage so as a lone traveller its the only gripe i have about cruises and dont get me started on single cabins con trick. lol.

15 hours ago, mitch said:

oriana 15 feb 20 28 days to carribean from/to soton prebooked today they will confirm when it goes on sale on the 22nd.

i will look for one around oct 20 time but my problem is i cant fly so it needs to be a uk from/to.

theres a couple of fred olsen i like the look of during summer time so i may look to go earlier in 2020.

i am on my own now, nowt else to spend it on lol. and the job i do i can still do onboard so its not an issue.

28 day Caribbean cruise sounds great mitch! 

It's fantastic that you can still get to see the world without the need to fly.

11 hours ago, Tally said:

I've always booked well in advance. The cruise we are doing this year I booked last year and by the time it comes around it will be 570+ days.

Over 570 days, I thought my wait was bad.

Only 499 today :D

38 minutes ago, Tom Cruise said:

28 day Caribbean cruise sounds great mitch! 

It's fantastic that you can still get to see the world without the need to fly.

its an enjoyable cruise i went on arcadia last oct for 24 nights i think it was and it was a relaxing way to get some sun, no airport hassle no long flight.

the demographic was quite high a lot 70 plus and at times some of the lounges in an afternoon resembled gods waiting room, i reckon the waiters went round hourly checking for pulses lol.

but i was only ever passing through there was plenty to amuse me and i got some sun in october. so ive 3 more v similar booked. this year it includes bermuda as well which is a bonus.

Have just registered for Acadia Christmas and new year back to back cruises. As we are on the Baltic tier we should hear on Monday 19th. First time we have booked so long in advance. We want to ensure that we have the same cabin for both cruises and know that the Christmas cruises are always popular. We have been to the Caribbean several times at  Christmas but my husband will not fly any more. So last year we went on 5he Oriana to the Canary Islands and this  year have booked the Ventura.

hope everyone who has pregestered gets their first choice of cabin.

Hi Tom Cruise,

160 days ("And counting, Mr. Bond") until we board Azamara Quest in Venice.  Two caravan trips to Scotland to come before that, though.  One to drive the North Coast 500 (in around 6 weeks' time).  The other to catch our daughter's shows at The Jazz Bar in Edinburgh as part of The Fringe Festival in August.

One other cruise in the diary, as yet, in May 2019 - along the River Danube from Budapest to Bucharest on Emerald Destiny.

DavidH

5 hours ago, mitch said:

its an enjoyable cruise i went on arcadia last oct for 24 nights i think it was and it was a relaxing way to get some sun, no airport hassle no long flight.

the demographic was quite high a lot 70 plus and at times some of the lounges in an afternoon resembled gods waiting room, i reckon the waiters went round hourly checking for pulses lol.

but i was only ever passing through there was plenty to amuse me and i got some sun in october. so ive 3 more v similar booked. this year it includes bermuda as well which is a bonus.

Don't blame you, who doesn't love the sun! I still need to do the Caribbean B)

3 hours ago, DavidH said:

Hi Tom Cruise,

160 days ("And counting, Mr. Bond") until we board Azamara Quest in Venice.  Two caravan trips to Scotland to come before that, though.  One to drive the North Coast 500 (in around 6 weeks' time).  The other to catch our daughter's shows at The Jazz Bar in Edinburgh as part of The Fringe Festival in August.

One other cruise in the diary, as yet, in May 2019 - along the River Danube from Budapest to Bucharest on Emerald Destiny.

DavidH

Azamara Quest... nice!

Never sailed with them but I get the impression it's very laid back and more relaxed than other cruise lines.

The North Coast 500 looks amazing. Hopefully in 6 weeks time the weather should have picked up. How long will it take you?

I'd love to do a river cruise but I think my kids would miss the beach.

2 hours ago, Tom Cruise said:

Azamara Quest... nice!

Never sailed with them but I get the impression it's very laid back and more relaxed than other cruise lines.

The North Coast 500 looks amazing. Hopefully in 6 weeks time the weather should have picked up. How long will it take you?

I'd love to do a river cruise but I think my kids would miss the beach.

Azamara is currently our favourite cruise line.  We did our second Azamara cruise on Journey in October last year to The Holy Land and Greek Isles.  Laid back would be a pretty good description.  The phrase they use is "Your home from home" - and that's how it feels.

As for the North Coast 500, my originally planned route and stopovers added up to 29 nights.  We can't fit that in around other commitments, so I've cut it drastically and am currently planning 14 nights.  The overall journey, door to door, should cover around 1,300 miles.  Might delay it until later in May and into June as we can then incorporate a family visit to coincide with our Granddaughters 7th birthday - they live at the foot of the Pentland Hills.  Only concern around that sort of timing is the Scottish midges!!! 

DavidH

davidh i was in the army and did many an exercise up there the midges can be a real pain. well worth investing in a face veil if your going to be doing a lot of walking in the hills.

20 hours ago, mitch said:

davidh i was in the army and did many an exercise up there the midges can be a real pain. well worth investing in a face veil if your going to be doing a lot of walking in the hills.

Hi mitch,

Thanks for the tip.  We certainly wore the face veil when we visited the red centre of Australia.  Better search them out again!!

DavidH