P&O New Winter 2019-20

Do a it just the same as booking anytime, I for one would recommend booking earley we have had some good deals, I like to book stateroom we like, in a position on the ship we like.

you often get good past passenger discount, extra on board credit and 5% deposit is good, I also like to know well in advance when we will be away.

just my/our opinion 

16 hours ago, Jenjen said:

Do a it just the same as booking anytime, I for one would recommend booking earley we have had some good deals, I like to book stateroom we like, in a position on the ship we like.

you often get good past passenger discount, extra on board credit and 5% deposit is good, I also like to know well in advance when we will be away.

just my/our opinion 

I agree,I found the extra OBC very nice to have, plus you get a choice of Cabin's....Davybe

Don't forget jenjen and DavidH as I am sure you already know, the OBC given by the cruise companies has been built into the fare. I think the only times you get OBC for nothing is if you are a shareholder with a minimum of 100 shares, and most of the major cruise companies offer this, in addition to the yearly or quarterly dividend or if you are ex armed forces and a member of the Defence Discount Service.  

28 minutes ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Don't forget jenjen and DavidH as I am sure you already know, the OBC given by the cruise companies has been built into the fare. I think the only times you get OBC for nothing is if you are a shareholder with a minimum of 100 shares, and most of the major cruise companies offer this, in addition to the yearly or quarterly dividend or if you are ex armed forces and a member of the Defence Discount Service.  

A mere £47,000 at today's price!  I'll skip that one.....

3 minutes ago, BrianI said:

You got he decimal point in the wrong place -£4,700. Or £4,738 at today's closing price.

Brian

even at £4738 you would not get a better return with the dividend and OBC you get even if you cruise only once a year with interest rates as low as they are.

22 minutes ago, BrianI said:

You got he decimal point in the wrong place -£4,700. Or £4,738 at today's closing price.

Brian

So I did - apologies!    Maybe worth considering then.  I wonder how secure it is for the future.  No apparent requirement to book direct to get it either

On board spending money per stateroom on sailings of 13 nights or longer (including world cruise) - £150

On board spending money per stateroom on sailings of 6 to 12 nights - £60

On board spending money per stateroom on sailings of 5 nights or less - £30

Royal Caribbean shares were $71 a share 18 months ago. Today they are $126 a share. They also offer slightly better benefits: 

• $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.
  • $200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 10 to 13 nights.
  • $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 9 nights.
  • $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Yes I do have shares have had for years, I also have said the price we pay for earley booking together with on board credit has in our experence been very good, this is bit like age old problem off how much did you pay?

We are happy with the deals we have had, and got, also we like to budget our holiday spending so forward planning is all part of the game, 

We got our shares free, so onto a winner then at today’s market value.

theres a couple of 28night carribean to/fromsouthampton i like the look of but the prices seem to have gone up quite a bit compared to the one i did last oct and the one i have booked for this oct. the headline price is around £2400 pp so thats £4800 for single me. i paid £3200 for each of the ones i have booked. even with 5% disc etc its going to be over 4k.

oh i appreciate that pesky and i will ask the question. and your right the single cabins i have found to  be a bit of a con on several of my bookings so far only once has a single been the cheapest option. i may see what the onboard price is in april, 21st i am on ventura so it may be a bit better on there.

ok the question has been asked lol.

x001 6jan £3219. single occ double cabin.

x003 15 feb single £3326 or single occ double £3360.

although there are only 2 single cabins on the ship so its a mute point unless your first through the door lol.

so thats not too shabby compared to what i am paying for the october cruises.