Jump to content

Aurora to become adult only.


Recommended Posts

Sorry but having cruised on both Oriana and Arcadia(we loved the ship) in the past as a couple in our 50s we stopped cruising on adult only ships because we felt amongst they youngest and a very old demographic and music and entertainment directed at 70/80 yr olds we said we would never cruise again on an adult only ship with P&O. Also whenever you sat either having a meal or coffee they did nothing but constantly moan about "the good old days of P&O" and Canberra and it got very boring.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on Aurora in December, and May 2019, We had an email, plus a letter. from P and O saying that after the refit in March Aurura would be adults only.

Doing away with the kids club buildings I wonder what they will do maybe more cabins, I hope they

don't spoil that pool area.

Because its adult only doesn't mean you only get older passengers cruising these days attracts all ages, in my experience 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ahoy said:

Yes, Adonia.

Appreciate that Ahoy, I just wondered if another of the 'Adult Only' might be going bearing in mind Adonia was only back for a matter of months and neither Oriana or Arcadia usually sail with a full compliment. I have just checked all cruises for Oriana and Arcadia in March, April, May and June and there is availability in all cabin grades so why would they want to make another of their ships 'Adult Only'. Of course, only my personal opinion.

Edited by Oldworldtraveller
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2018 at 1:41 PM, sinbad10 said:

Sorry but having cruised on both Oriana and Arcadia(we loved the ship) in the past as a couple in our 50s we stopped cruising on adult only ships because we felt amongst they youngest and a very old demographic and music and entertainment directed at 70/80 yr olds we said we would never cruise again on an adult only ship with P&O. Also whenever you sat either having a meal or coffee they did nothing but constantly moan about "the good old days of P&O" and Canberra and it got very boring.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Different stroks for different folks, done both and prefer adult only. got youngters and grand kids at home don't need them on holiday. Been on ships that have not been adult only and have been disappointed, never had the problem you stated, best look for better company  [the 70/80 at least like to talk and don't spend ignorant time on pads and phones].

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geoff Davies said:

Different stroks for different folks, done both and prefer adult only. got youngters and grand kids at home don't need them on holiday. Been on ships that have not been adult only and have been disappointed, never had the problem you stated, best look for better company  [the 70/80 at least like to talk and don't spend ignorant time on pads and phones].

Sorry but if they just sit and constantly moan and keep on about "the good old days" and how good Canberra was forgetting that many cabins were not en suite and you used shared toilets down the corridor then I wish they would keep quiet and use ipads and phones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sinbad10 said:

Sorry but if they just sit and constantly moan and keep on about "the good old days" and how good Canberra was forgetting that many cabins were not en suite and you used shared toilets down the corridor then I wish they would keep quiet and use ipads and phones.

How true sinbad10. People seem to forget the days of shared bathrooms, bunk beds, precious little entertainment and un-stabilised ships. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...