Ventura - The White Room

I am sailing on Ventura in Jan with family and am thinking of booking Marco Pierre White's The White Room, but have heard that the portions are rather small and it is not worth the £25 a head cover charge.  I would be interested in your views if you have used this restaurant or know of its reputation.  I also believe that a tip is included in the cover charge of speciality restaurants.  I this correct?   

I would disagree I think the portions are just right you order your starter & main but you also have the tasters in-between and the bread basket and then desert coffee and chocolates more than enough and worth the £25 for a special night out.

You do not have to leave a tip however I always bring some cash with me which they appreciate.  

i completely disagree the white room is excellent value for money, i have eaten in their on 3 seperate occasions and the food is beautiful and very good portions not at all on the small side, the staff are lovley the surroundings are excellent and if i could afford to i would eat in their for the full duration of the cruise. You should definatley dine their, from experience you will have to book as soon as you get on board as it is very popular.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Solent Richard

Thank you everyone for your positive and very much appreciated replies.  I will now go ahead and book a table as a treat for my Son and Daughter-in-Law, who are sailing with us on their first cruise.  You can now book speciality restaurants on line via Cruise Personaliser.  

And we will hopefully look forward to your review.