We had perfectly drinkable bottles of red, white & rose on Oriana in December for about £16-£18 per bottle. The wine menu has some very reasonably priced bottles & goes up to very expensive bottles. If you look on the P & O website Q & A section under drinks menu it will show you a wine list although it doesn't give any prices but it will give you some idea of what you can get.

We opted for the wine package and paid £108 for 6 bottles of Stoneburn Sauvignon. Blanc which is £18 a bottle. 

When we first sat down the only wine list available was the "Express "wine list, Not cheap.

You need to ask for the regular wine list or the Wine package lists they were not on the Tables over Christmas....Davybe

On 25/01/2018 at 11:36 AM, Davybe said:

We opted for the wine package and paid £108 for 6 bottles of Stoneburn Sauvignon. Blanc which is £18 a bottle. 

When we first sat down the only wine list available was the "Express "wine list, Not cheap.

You need to ask for the regular wine list or the Wine package lists they were not on the Tables over Christmas....Davybe

So double what you can buy it for in a shop as ever!  Doesn`t seem much of a deal. How much was it if you bought one bottle as a one off? I`m assuming it was more than £18. There were whites as well as reds on Azura at the £17-18 mark but just a couple

On 25/01/2018 at 11:36 AM, Davybe said:

Jut done a quick on line search for Stoneburn Sauvignon Blanc and all years 2013-2017 are around the same price, £7 a bottle. Not a bad mark up but as we all know the system now is get the passenger on board at a low lead in fare and then attack their wallet once on board.

Found these sites which I thought were interesting:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/204572/revenue-of-the-cruise-line-industry-worldwide-since-2008/

https://www.cruzely.com/heres-how-much-money-cruise-ships-make-off-every-passenger-infographic/

http://www.cruisemarketwatch.com/home/financial-breakdown-of-typical-cruiser/

On 27/01/2018 at 8:46 AM, jinky said:

So double what you can buy it for in a shop as ever!  Doesn`t seem much of a deal. How much was it if you bought one bottle as a one off? I`m assuming it was more than £18. There were whites as well as reds on Azura at the £17-18 mark but just a couple

I prefer to pay for a drinkable wine, I did not claim it to be good value ,I accept there is a big mark up when buying wine on a ship ,or with a meal when dinning out, and £18 is around what we pay for a bottle of wine around where I live.

Celebrity by the way charge far more for a similar wine theirs start at about $37 plus Grat's or around 5x the supermarket prices ? But then again Tesco's do not serve it chilled ??....Davybe