Are drinks packages value for money?

Hello

I'm going on my first cruise in June on the Symphony of the Seas with Royal Caribbean, I'll be in a group of 6 people.

We're finding it hard to decide whether to have a "drinks package" included in our up front charges or not, particularly as we have $300 per cabin on board spending which I think we could use to pay for drinks.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Al

It all depends how much you all drink, for us it would not be worth the money, I have seen people have brandy with breakfast to get there money's worth, if as you say  6 people in your group that's a .lot of money unless you all drink quite a lot, this is not judgemental just a fact. 

Happy holiday

On 2 January 2018 at 7:05 PM, On the board said:

Hello

I'm going on my first cruise in June on the Symphony of the Seas with Royal Caribbean, I'll be in a group of 6 people.

We're finding it hard to decide whether to have a "drinks package" included in our up front charges or not, particularly as we have $300 per cabin on board spending which I think we could use to pay for drinks.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Al

Hi OTB, it's quite a difficult question to answer as has been said it really does depend on your drink consumption.

However RC are quite pricey when it comes to beverages, so if it were me I'd be inclined to take the package at least that way you'll have peace of mind knowing there'll be no shocking account at the end of you cruise.

If however you only have the odd drink here and there I'd say the $300 obc would be more than enough to cover your costs.

Whatever you decide I hope you have a lovely cruise.

HLM.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and would just like to say thanks for all of your help and advice, it's lovely to know there's friendly people out there who will take the time to help us land lubbers!

Having read what you've told me I think we'll probably not take a pre-paid package, although we as a group are fairly big drinkers I'm expecting we will go ashore most days so will only be drinking on the ship late afternoons and evenings, if we put our on board spending towards our drinks bill I think we'll be better off not taking the pre-paid drinks package.

I'll try to remember to post the outcome after the cruise and let others know how it works for us.

Thanks again

OTB