Well it is the time of year to wish you all a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS. I have really enjoyed reading all the items on this site so thank you Bolsover. I am looking forward to more cruises next year as I am sure most of you all are. Have a great holiday and thank you again for your ideas and great comments on many subjects.

• 4 months later...
On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:07 PM, cruise addict said:

Thank you. We will be going on a cruise to the Canary Islands for Christmas and the anew Year. Really looking forward to it 

We are now thinking of a Christmas and New Year cruise to the Canaries What was it like when you went? Which ship were you on? Would you recommend it? BTW we are parents and grown-up daughter

15 hours ago, kensington143 said:

We are now thinking of a Christmas and New Year cruise to the Canaries What was it like when you went? Which ship were you on? Would you recommend it? BTW we are parents and grown-up daughter

We went on Ventura this last Christmas and New Year.

The highlight was Madeira nice weather and a great firework display to welcome the New Year.

The downside ,worst food we have had in over 30 cruises,Service not that good,  Sickness rife on the ship Flu and NV , More reason's not to cruise on Ventura than to cruise on her.Rough seas.

I would think of Britannia in the Caribbean  ....Davybe

6 minutes ago, Davybe said:

We went on Ventura this last Christmas and New Year.

The highlight was Madeira nice weather and a great firework display to welcome the New Year.

The downside ,worst food we have had in over 30 cruises,Service not that good,  Sickness rife on the ship Flu and NV , More reason's not to cruise on Ventura than to cruise on her.Rough seas.

I would think of Britannia in the Caribbean  ....Davybe

We had a totally different experience on Ventura on our February Caribbean & USA cruise, fortunately no sign of NV and probably the best food we have had on P&O in recent years.  Food of course is massively influenced by the head chef in charge, which is what I assume as we experience varying standards, mind you even our chef had his weaknesses, his Yorkshire puddings were the worst ever.  We also had rough seas and with a cabin on deck 14 it was very noticeable.