VIRGIN CRUISES

This is part of what Virgin said "The company has ordered 3 revolutionary liners that will be constructed by Fincantieri. Each of them will have a tonnage of 110,000 GT. The company’s first ship steel cutting ceremony took place on March 22, 2017. She will join the Virgin Voyage's fleet in 2020, while the second and the third ships will enter operation in 2021 and 2022 respectively"

The first ship will be based in Miami operating 7 days cruises and I have no doubt it will be a success.  Richard Branson is not afraid to take on the 'big boys' and succeed as he has shown in other ventures so I have no reason to believe this will be any different. What will be the make of break in the British cruise industry I believe will be value for money but of course as always, just my personal opinion. 

https://www.cruisebe.com/virgin-voyages-intends-to-unveil-a-ship-tease

.Hi  I do think that this venture will be successful and with the company partially owning an airline.  They will be able to offer competitive fares for European and particularly UK passengers wishing to undertake a fly cruise to the using scheduled flights rather than chartered flights used by P&O and Fred Olsen.  Any new alternative cruise line is always welcomed although I will not be rushing to book, I'll wait and see what the cruise ambience is on board before making a decision.

Edited by Land Ahoy