cruise chef

BRAND NEW Celebrity Edge in Europe for 2019

I cannot wait to sail on this ship. It's a certainty for me. I've loved every Celebrity cruise I've done and I think they'll do an excellent job on the new-build. If the edge is half as good as the Solstice Class design, I' sure I'll enjoy it.

37 minutes ago, iknowlescourier said:

Definitely fancying this. Would have liked the Southampton saiing but the problem is transport. My car would be in Southampton when we got off the flight in Manchester lol.

Leave your car at home and do a one way car rental which also saves on parking charges. Enterprise have a depot just outside gate 8, which is about 150 yards from City terminal.

Brian

1 minute ago, BrianI said:

Leave your car at home and do a one way car rental which also saves on parking charges. Enterprise have a depot just outside gate 8, which is about 150 yards from City terminal.

Brian

What a great idea that is Brian. I'd never thought of doing that, especially if like with this itinerary, you're flying back into the UK. I can't imagine it being too much to hire a car for the day either.

1 hour ago, BrianI said:

Brian

You then have a problem getting home from your returning airport, sorry but too much hassle for me.

2 hours ago, BrianI said:

Brian

I thought I'd read somewhere recently the Enterprise depot by gate 8 had closed down although I'm sure if it has there will be a convenient drop off point somewhere close.

Certainly Celebrity are excited about 'The Edge' but will the public share the same enthusiasm. Personally I question the appeal of a moving platform on the side of the ship and what enhancements it brings. When I saw the artists impression I thought it was ugly and looked like an add on. The prices are sky high and agents are trying hard to sell the balcony cabins. Lets wait until nearer the time to see what happens. There is a lot of new tonnage out there offering different experiences so it will be interesting to see how it fares against the competition.