The recent news that Adonia is being sold has prompted some people to ask whether P&O will make one of their existing ships into another adult only.  They already have Arcadia & Oriana so why should they change one of the other ships.  Somebody mentioned Aurora!  Aurora is my favourite ship & I don't mind seeing the children especially the little ones.  Quite honestly, if you really can't stand being on a cruise where there are children then you should go during school times.  You might still get some babies and toddlers but the toddlers are well looked after in the different clubs that P&O organise & they're not likely to spoil your cruise.

I agree with you Pauline, I don't have any children but I do enjoy the younger mix of passenger a family friendly ship brings with it, a few years ago on Aurora we had 500 children on the Christmas cruise and quite honestly we didn't notice they were there.

Personally I don't even see why they need adult only ships as the school holidays only account for 10 weeks out of 52, I've come across more badly behaved adults than I have children ;)

I agree with both of you, Dancing Queen & iknowlescourier!  My husband & I almost regretted going on an ‘adults only’  ship some years ago.  It was havoc with the lifts as every button was pressed & nobody seemed to know whether they were going up or down!  We always used the stairs unless we had luggage to transport.  I won’t mention arguments in the launderette (haha)!