Is Cunard's new ship going to China?

I couldn't help but notice in Cunard's announcement regarding the new ship in 2022, the comment from Cunard's vice president that 'the new ship firmly underpins our plans to continue our growth across international markets.' Given that Royal Caribbean and others have begun creating ships specifically for the Chinese cruise market and bearing in mind that it will be the biggest ship in the fleet, it does make you wonder whether Cunard are planning to send their new ship to China?

13 hours ago, Jenjen said:

I also noted in that piece about the relationship with Liverpool, and the people of Liverpool I wonder if that's a clue, will they operate that ship from Liverpool??

That would great Jensen but sadly a pipe dream I fear.

Cunard do not strike me as risk takers regarding ports of departure, and they will not have the ship's to take the risk,,,Davybe

On 9/29/2017 at 7:17 PM, Jenjen said:

I also noted in that piece about the relationship with Liverpool, and the people of Liverpool I wonder if that's a clue, will they operate that ship from Liverpool??

Not unless they build a proper terminal building there.  The current 'makeshift' terminal might be okay for the small Fred Olsen ships but would not cope with the large number of pax on such a big vessel.

I believe Cunard will take a risk on the new addition. I think that the point raised regarding the new-build replacing Queen Elizabeth in Southampton could be a possibility as I do think Cunard will look to go more global by positioning a ship further afield for a large portion of the year. China is definitely not out of the question given the huge cruising appeal over there at the moment. By positioning QE there and placing the new ship in Southampton in it's place, they'd reap the rewards of the novelty towards the new ship from the Brits and also please many Far Eastern passengers by placing an iconic Cunard ship over there.

I'll watch with interest...