P&O launching drinks packages

1 hour ago, Crogers said:

Well done Sinbad10 in handling it so well!

So if I go on a cruise and find on disembarkation a man shackled to Reception as I leave I know that it is you having a dispute ūüėāūüėāūüėā

That was the polite option considering the price of the handbag :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Crogers said:

Good advice Dozydo. As a new cruiser I shall be undertaking your strategy and asking for my bill every two days the next cruise I go on. Thanks for the heads up.

5 hours ago, Dozydo said:

On our cruise on Azura, in March, someone did have a free drinks deal. Trouble was, it was not provided by P&O - they somehow found a way to put their drinks on our card. How do you prove that you've not bought something.   We had bar managers insisting we have "forgotten" going into various bars and buying drinks and it was only when we could prove we were in MDR at the time stated on the drinks bill that there was no hassle. Reception seemed to want to wash their hands of the problem - referring us to bar managers, despite us insisting that we had never used that venue.  This took up many hours of our holiday and caused much anxiety, especially when, on the final morning, someone managed to spend £117.50 in the perfume shop and put it on our card. In over 30 cruises this the first time this has happened and we were dismayed by the dismissive attitude of staff on Reception and wonder what would have happened had Azura not had an interactive TV so we could check our bill regularly. 

On our next cruise we will insist on having a print-off of our bill every two days. 

Not surprised I was on the Azura last christmas and the staff were very unhelpful and did not care. Britannia in October where the staff can't do enough for you

I have been on approx. 10 P&O cruises on various ships, but just recently went on a Royal Caribbean Cruise with all my family. We all had a Deluxe Drinks package,  including soft drinks for the children, as part of the deal RC offered and found it absolutely perfect. We are now looking at other deals for next year with RC, which include a drinks package. Sorry P&O,  but you've lost a customer until you offer similar. Freedom Dining was also a positive experience, which we will look for again with Royal Caribbean.

Glad you stood your ground, Sinbad10. As mentioned, all the charges shown when we were, in fact, in MDR were removed by manager of Planet Bar, and when I asked what signature was on the bills he said they had been left blank. When the manager of Glasshouse continued to say we had "forgotten" having drinks there I I insisted on seeing the signed receipt. He was not happy but I refused to budge and we sat well over 30 minutes until he came back with a chitty that was signed with a couple of hoops. It bore no comparison to my husbands very small, neat writing so he conceded that we were right, but with bad grace.

on our final day we had to go to Reception three times, each time waiting in a long queue, and finding it hard to hear and be heard as someone in the Atrium was doing a sales pitch at full volume.   As an 80-year-old this was not how I had planned to spend my last day at sea.  

Not really a problem .. just put a disputed transaction in place with your credit card company and then it is up to P&O ( or whoever ) to prove you have made the purchases, if they haven't got your signature on the receipt they haven't go a leg to stand on, I've only had this happen once and I picked it up on an interim account so it was sorted out easily on board.

My early cruising was on Thomson cruises which included all inclusive drinks packages.  This was great as we could have a couple of drinks during the day, a pre dinner drink and drinks with or after dinner.  However some passengers took advantage of this and spent all day drinking, many on the open decks.  They are entitled to enjoy themselves however as you would expect they became more vocal and as a result this was disturbing to some passengers.  P&O need to think about this carefully as it is difficult to strike the right balance or monitor as people want to drink varying amounts but this does have to be paid for.  A flat rate charge for a package would benefit some but for others they may need to drink more to get their money's worth.  Drinks packages could result in a price rise to cover any extra cost.  I believe on board credit is fairer as this gives people the choice.

5 hours ago, Franky said:

My early cruising was on Thomson cruises which included all inclusive drinks packages.  This was great as we could have a couple of drinks during the day, a pre dinner drink and drinks with or after dinner.  However some passengers took advantage of this and spent all day drinking, many on the open decks.  They are entitled to enjoy themselves however as you would expect they became more vocal and as a result this was disturbing to some passengers.  P&O need to think about this carefully as it is difficult to strike the right balance or monitor as people want to drink varying amounts but this does have to be paid for.  A flat rate charge for a package would benefit some but for others they may need to drink more to get their money's worth.  Drinks packages could result in a price rise to cover any extra cost.  I believe on board credit is fairer as this gives people the choice.

Have travelled on some 12 plus cruise lines and several river cruise lines who have either drinks packages or operate 'All Inclusive' and have never experienced a problem. Why do you think P&O would have to think carefully about this.

2 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

Have travelled on some 12 plus cruise lines and several river cruise lines who have either drinks packages or operate 'All Inclusive' and have never experienced a problem. Why do you think P&O would have to think carefully about this.

I agree OWT, been on several AI cruises including Thomson and never had a problem with anyone who's had excessive alcohol.

Actually in my experience alcohol enhances the atmosphere onboard.

HLM.