charging for towels!

3 hours ago, Oldworldtraveller said:

If passengers take home bath robes, fruit bowls, tv remotes etc why not towels.

Is that why the bath robes etc are removed on the last evening? I always thought it was because they wanted to prepare for the next cruise. Surely if someone took a bathrobe, P&O or whoever would know who'd taken it and perhaps send them a bill? Unbelievable to think people would do that.:rolleyes:

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:27 AM, Oldworldtraveller said:

If passengers take home bath robes, fruit bowls, tv remotes etc why not towels.

Ha ha, and make the rest of us who leave things alone pay for in our fares. I cannot fathom folks who do that type of stealing ...  Sure, we have taken a paper coaster and requested the drink menu on the last day :)

14 hours ago, Mermaid Jessica said:

Princess did this with the blankets they give out in the evening for the moive nights- i'm sure they said we had to given them back or it would be charged to our cabin...

So  it wouldn't surpirse me if other lines started charging for towels not being returned.

Towels and bathrobes have always been charged if not returned on many lines. In fact the  buy charge runs from $45 - $90 depending on quality of a bathrobe. Mind you the weight of the better quality bathrobe would be a luggage  concern as we fly all the time :)

Edited by RobBar

Whilst I fully agree with you, I can also see the other side of the argument/mind-set too; when cruise passengers are likewise expected to stump up absolutely ridiculous amounts of money for the privilege, nay convenience of having bottled 'Mineral' water, in their cabins.

So who is actually fooling or 'con'-ing who? In these mind/over 'easy' profit making games??

I'm not identifying any cruise line, at all. Sadly, I'm identifying almost all, who are most definitely, at it, nowadays!

Peter.

4 hours ago, Mollymaid said:

Even if I was that way inclined I have yet to be provided with any towels/bathrobes that I would actually want to take home.

If you wanted cruise line merchandise surely you you would buy new items rather than take anything that had been used and washed countless times!

Obviously sailing with the wrong cruise line Mollymaid.