Captain on Oriana August 2017

• Forum Admin changed the title to Captain on Oriana August 2017

I don't think it is vitally important but I do think it can inform the overall ambience on the ship.  If the Captain is a good communicator it helps - especially if the cruise is affected by any bad weather or high seas.  I also think a good Captain can help engender a happy ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks we had captain A. the food was not good, most od it every where seemed rather bland, glad to get home. The cruise director must have been new was right up his own ar-e, when the captain left he virtually ran to catch him up, gave me the impression look look sir Im here.

thought Oriana poor old girl has had better days, so much for a refurb, all fur coat and no knickers, Oh fine new carpets, everywhere and awful picture in my cabin the chart that is normally on display removed to push the sale of a PO book, the atreium was not working when last on her in 2015 now they have stuffed it with this awful green plastic its a total mess.

The top sports deck the deck sides where you walk in 2015 the decks were cracking with rust need a squad with  chipping or windy hammers on it and a few coats of red lead, I cant believe what I saw a couple of weeks ago they have lined those entire walk ways port and Stbd with that artificial grass, that will just hold water and make the matter worse. Glad to get off it,

Totally finished with PO now.

14 hours ago, sheilaandmike said:

Thanks we had captain A. the food was not good, most od it every where seemed rather bland, glad to get home. The cruise director must have been new was right up his own ar-e, when the captain left he virtually ran to catch him up, gave me the impression look look sir Im here.

thought Oriana poor old girl has had better days, so much for a refurb, all fur coat and no knickers, Oh fine new carpets, everywhere and awful picture in my cabin the chart that is normally on display removed to push the sale of a PO book, the atreium was not working when last on her in 2015 now they have stuffed it with this awful green plastic its a total mess.

The top sports deck the deck sides where you walk in 2015 the decks were cracking with rust need a squad with  chipping or windy hammers on it and a few coats of red lead, I cant believe what I saw a couple of weeks ago they have lined those entire walk ways port and Stbd with that artificial grass, that will just hold water and make the matter worse. Glad to get off it,

Totally finished with PO now.

Whilst I agree with you about the awful fake foliage in the atrium and artificial grass on the top deck, I thought everything else was fine when I was aboard her in June.  A ship of that age is bound to show some rust, especially given that she is always working.  The interiors were in really fine fettle and I thoroughly enjoyed the food.  The Chart of the cruise had been relocated on my cruise to just outside the Crows Nest, near the Library.  She is still my favourite P&O ship and I will happily board her again any time.