Saga cruising onboard the new ship Spirit of Discovery

Must admit it has never been a product I have looked at before, but I have recently delved into a new brochure/leaflet on their new ship Spirit of Discovery and it looks really impressive. On reading I can pre-register my interest for a new voyage for a small fee of £90 which will entitle me to a price reduction on the voyage, the good news is if I decide not to it looks like I would still get my registration fee back so win, win.

A friend and I cruised on Saga Ruby in her last season as we enjoy classic ships.  We did a 7-night Norway cruise and I was really impressed.  The food was absolutely fantastic - extremely good quality - and service exceptional.  In respect of entertainment, it was a Jazz-themed cruise and all the musicians were excellent.  They also had a guest singer who is a TV actor and has starring roles in West End shows.  The in-house troupe were youthful, enthusiastic and good.  In addition, one of the entertainment officers did a tribute to Johnny Mathis one night which was rather good too.

As a lover of smaller ships, I think the new Saga ship looks absolutely fantastic.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...