Sign in to follow this  
cruise chef

Saga cruising onboard the new ship Spirit of Discovery

Must admit it has never been a product I have looked at before, but I have recently delved into a new brochure/leaflet on their new ship Spirit of Discovery and it looks really impressive. On reading I can pre-register my interest for a new voyage for a small fee of £90 which will entitle me to a price reduction on the voyage, the good news is if I decide not to it looks like I would still get my registration fee back so win, win.

A friend and I cruised on Saga Ruby in her last season as we enjoy classic ships.  We did a 7-night Norway cruise and I was really impressed.  The food was absolutely fantastic - extremely good quality - and service exceptional.  In respect of entertainment, it was a Jazz-themed cruise and all the musicians were excellent.  They also had a guest singer who is a TV actor and has starring roles in West End shows.  The in-house troupe were youthful, enthusiastic and good.  In addition, one of the entertainment officers did a tribute to Johnny Mathis one night which was rather good too.

As a lover of smaller ships, I think the new Saga ship looks absolutely fantastic.

I am not sure if both the ships they currently have are owned or leased but they do normally own their own ships.  The new ship is being built specifically for them and is due in to service in 2019 I think.