Dress code J712

Apologies if posting in the wrong section.

Can anybody tell me where to look to find the dress code for Arcadia, cruise J712 other than the generic "There are generally 4 black tie....."? I have received my holiday brochure this morning and this information dos not seem to be included.

Thank you

If there are 4 black tie nights the rest will be evening casual nights. You could try looking on the p & 0 website under the FAQs (ask.pocruises.com) for more details but when I looked under the 'what will the dress code be whilst I am on board?' link  it said that the page I had requested could not be found so that wasn't much help. Have a great cruise.

1 hour ago, The Pesky Pirate said:

If you go onto cruise personaliser and then the itinerary with a breakdown of the ports it will tell you how many black tie, semi formal or casual nights there are with P and O, unless they have changed the way they do things. 

They no longer have semi formal nights - just black tie & evening casual.

Thank you all for your your replies.

2torts - yes I too found that page was not available.

The Pesky Pirate - when I go to the cruise personaliser, port itinerary it says:

Dress

• Dress Codes for your Cruise

Jenjen - Can't seem to find the "advice centre" on the cruise personaliser. Could you advise me where to look? Thank you

Tinkerbell - I certainly will enjoy. Going with my best friend who happens to be my sister. We started our countdown about 6 months ago!

If you have not opted to 'go green', you will get confirmation of the dress code in your cruise information and excursion booklet when it is sent to you.  At one time they did list the dress code for each night but now they just tell you how many Formal nights there are and the rest are smart casual.  As others have said, the normal pattern is 2 Formal per week with the rest smart casual. 

Hi Jac, on the cruise personaliser the line at the top, says log out next to that is advice centre click on that, the it says list of frequently asked questions, you will find in that list dress code, or what to pack, that gets you into a list of all the ships, dates, cruise codes, you will then see what you want.

good luck. If I get the chance will look for you, we are off on Friday so bit short of time.

Thank you Jenjen for trying on my behalf.  I am sure when I have been before I have been able to see what the dress codes are including tropical and 60s/70s and on which days.  Must be that page and as you say, in the process of being updated.

Have a great time wherever you are off to on Friday.

I went on Arcadia in April/May this year.   I knew there would be black tie nights, but did not know about the black and white night and also tropical night.  Where would I have found out about that.

I am on Adonia in August doing the Mediterranean again, and I am wondering about the tropical night once again and the black and white night.   I do have a tropical blouse from the Caribbean and will make sure I have a white blouse to go with my black evening trousers.  Answer to my questions would be appreciated.

Every time I've looked, the only information is the number of nights, not which ones. As we don't participate in formal nights, preferring to stay casual, this is very frustrating as it means booking a speciality restaurant is impossible in advance.  We are due on Aurora over Christmas and I can't get a definitive answer from P&O as to whether Christmas Day is to be formal. If there's one day one really wants to relax with minimum formality, then surely it's Christmas Day.

Hi JAC,

The cruise brochure has full details of dress codes,. The Help & Advice usually details how many of each kind and if there is Black & White ,. Country,. 60's 70's 80's themes.

No where tells you which night is which but as a general rule sea days are more often than not the formal nights.

Steve54

Christmas day is usually always formal and NYE is formal and often B&W theme. 

Yes, you would think that P&O would be able to advise of the formal nights in advance, but as already said, where possible they tend to be on sea days. 

I assume that you're looking to book speciality restaurants for non-formal nights as the dress code applies to these as well as the MDR except with the Limelight Club on Britannia.

The dress codes will be available once you are on board and we've never had any problems booking  restaurants then.

Have a great holiday.

On 6 June 2017 at 5:10 PM, JAC said:

Thank you Jenjen for trying on my behalf.  I am sure when I have been before I have been able to see what the dress codes are including tropical and 60s/70s and on which days.  Must be that page and as you say, in the process of being updated.

Have a great time wherever you are off to on Friday.

Hi JAC,

The page you mentioned has been available but for Adonia  it only shows Formal and Casual nights.  Whether when she joins the fleet this week things get updated other themes may be added but when I checked the details no others were shown.  I've just had a look as I kept a copy of it.  It runs out after D821 so if you want details I can check your cruise for you,. However all the ones I've just looked at around. July / August have the 2/5 or 4/10 breakdown. 

Edited by PopsiB
1 hour ago, shirvic said:

where do I find if there is a tropical night or 60/70s night?   I know there are formal nights and I am prepared for these.   Shall I just presume!!!

Hi shirvic,

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/dress_code_all

This link will take you to the page,. Scroll down to the ship you are looking for.  Then look for your cruise number.  

Edited by PopsiB
Posted in error now corrected

We've always found that black & white night is on a formal night so easy to dress for especially for men & the other theme nights are on the casual nights. However apart from the odd flowery shirt on  tropical night no one seems to bother to dress up for them.

5 hours ago, Steve54 said:

Every time I've looked, the only information is the number of nights, not which ones. As we don't participate in formal nights, preferring to stay casual, this is very frustrating as it means booking a speciality restaurant is impossible in advance.  We are due on Aurora over Christmas and I can't get a definitive answer from P&O as to whether Christmas Day is to be formal. If there's one day one really wants to relax with minimum formality, then surely it's Christmas Day.

We have done many Christmas cruise and Christmas night will most certainly be 'formal' so I don't understand why P&O are unable to give you a definitive answer.

I too have queried with P & O what has happened to the dress code list for each ship usually obtained through FAQs in Cruise Personaliser.

Here is their reply:-

Thank you for your email.

On a 14 night cruise you can expect approximately 4 formal nights including a Black & White themed Night.
The dress code theme and formal nights are subject to change therefore we are unable to advise what dates the formal nights will take place on in advance.
Be sure to check your Horizon newspaper for full details of the evening's attire, which will be delivered daily to your cabin on-board.

We will be looking to get this added back onto the website to give more specifics as soon as possible.

Thank you PopsiB, but the page was not there.   However I have been to another page and found that there are 4 black tie and 12 evening casual,  no mention of tropical or black and white, but some other ships do mention this.   I will take black and white and tropical and hope for the best.

Looking forward to this cruise as it is the same size as Ocean Princess and Pacific Princess - we really enjoyed those ships.

Dress Codes By Cruise

We have two evening Dress Codes on-board all our ships; Evening Casual and Black Tie. Details of these, by cruise, can be viewed via the links below. We also host Theme Nights, details of which can be found in the question - Do you have theme nights on board?

The dress codes listed below are subject to change therefore we are unable to advise what dates the formal nights will take place on in advance. So be sure to check your Horizon newspaper for full details, which will be delivered daily to your cabin on-board. 

Adonia from cruise D708P through to D821

Arcadia from cruise J612 through to J721

Aurora from cruise R614 through to R802

Azura from cruise A625 through to A805A

Oceana from cruise E616 through to E726

Oriana from cruise X614 through to X727

Ventura from cruise N623 through to N803

Britannia from cruise B602 through to B733D 

This is the list that comes up from the link I put on yesterday.    All ships then have a 2 or 3 page document with cruise numbers on and the details of dress codes no specific dates but at least it's what to expect.