Baltic Cruise currency

You might have euros accepted by some shops in Denmark and Sweden but if they do they will give a very poor exchange rate and they are already very expensive countries when using their own currencies so making them even dearer. Russia euros and US$ are accepted by some but not UK£. When we went we took a small amount approx. £50 of each countries own currency i.e. Denmark, Sweden and Poland and used Euros in Estonia, Finland and Russia. Depending which cruise line you going with some called at Poland which is the zloty and others called at Warnemunde/Travemunde which is Germany so Euros. Baltics is one of our favourite cruises and we have done it 3 times.

When we did the Baltic cruise, we got off the boat, with Stirling and went into the exchanged twenty pounds to cover the cost off coffee etc, if however we found a more expencive item we went back to the exchange, some of the ports are very  expencive only very few took € and the rate was poor.

I think a lot of places accept the Euro and US Dollar, however people have told me before it is better to take a bit of each currency with you, I'm sure you will be able to get most currencies from euro change, you can order them online and have them delivered or go and collect from a branch.

Don't think it is too much problem to nip any supermarket who have a currency exchange and get £30-£40 in Swedish,  Danish and US currency then you will be covered and save the embarrassment of wanting something from a shop or café and they will not accept Euro. We did a trip to Iceland in Arcadia and we went into the café in the gardens for a drink and there was uproar in there because there were customers who were off the ship and they were moaning because the staff would not accept the Euro and I just walked to the front of the queue and ordered drinks and paid in Icelandic currency.