Duplicate payments

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What an utter fiasco! money has been taken out of bank accounts and clients have to wait up to 7 days for refunds! i understand the upset and worry this has caused however after what happened yes

Not sure what you are referring to? I paid by debit card. I haven't given anyone access to my money. I booked a cruise through Bolsover. I've no idea what they do with the payment, but you w

The answers is I assume not. In the email that I received from P&O it said quite clearly that the banks had been notified that this error had taken place. Plus the email said that my transactions

Well done just about to post the same thing .

A friend called me this morning someone she knows got £1800 taken from her Account leaving her short of money, Not really her week as HMR have just landed her with a big tax bill  ?

P&O have suggested people contact there banks  who will offer no help...Davybe

6 minutes ago, Davybe said:

Well done just about to post the same thing .

A friend called me this morning someone she knows got £1800 taken from her Account leaving her short of money, Not really her week as HMR have just landed her with a big tax bill  ?

P&O have suggested people contact there banks  who will offer no help...Davybe

I make the assumption that the cruiselines will be liable for any bank charges incurred???

HLM.

I have received a similar e-mail about this problem from Princess regarding my cruise in June booked through Bolsover Cruise Club. Very stressful and worrying but the cruise lines just seem to think that apologising and saying sorry is enough well I am sorry too and it isn't. Mistakes like this should not happen not everyone has enough money in accounts to pay the same large payment twice.

16 minutes ago, 2torts said:

I don't know if this helps but there is a message on P & O website about an issue with card payments on bookings made between Dec 16 & April 17. It says to look at pocruises.com/important-update for more information.

It is also on Princess and Cunard.

I had this email first thought, is this a scam? I have made four payment three deposits and a final payment in the period  between December and March.

then spent over two hours phoning the bank etc. Thank goodness I was not able to find any double payments.

Why worry people until you find out who has been overcharged, sending out a mass email like that,makes anybody worry  also a lack of information how this issue arose in the first place.

I have received two emails from P&O regarding the double transactions. The first alerted me to the problem and the second said that all money taken from my account had been refunded overnight. During the period in question I have made seven transactions with P&O. I have checked my account and it shows no evidence of In or out transactions with P&O. Very strange!

jaccka

The banks don't help - their excuse is 'its temporary - nothing to do with us, contact Carnival'. On an 0843 number!!!!!!

In the meantime & providing it is only temporary your credit limit has been reduced by the duplicate amount.

Where does Bolsover fit into this, if the payment was made through them?

7 minutes ago, Wix said:

The banks don't help - their excuse is 'its temporary - nothing to do with us, contact Carnival'. On an 0843 number!!!!!!

In the meantime & providing it is only temporary your credit limit has been reduced by the duplicate amount.

Where does Bolsover fit into this, if the payment was made through them?

The company who took the payments is called Evalon Who have started to refund the money but it may take upto 7 days to get back into peoples accounts, to the post on P&O's face book page

Your payments should be OK I wouldn't worry,just those who booked with P&O direct seem to have a problem...Davybe

6 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Payment made through Bolsover for A709 ( PO ). Duplicate payment effected.

Aren't companies not supposed to keep your bank / credit card details on file???????

Correct you should have to give them the numbers again ,I am surprised your payments through a  Agent are effected, Call Bolsover and ask them the question??

You enter a contract with the Agent ,which is a different contract than the one with a cruise line...Davybe

Edited by Davybe
1 minute ago, Davybe said:

Correct you should have to give them the numbers again ,I am surprised your payments through a  Agent are effected, Call Bolsover and ask the Question??

You enter a contract with the Agent ,which is a different contract than the one with a cruise line...Davybe

Edited by Davybe
11 minutes ago, Davybe said:

The company who took the payments is called Evalon Who have started to refund the money but it may take upto 7 days to get back into peoples accounts, to the post on P&O's face book page

Your payments should be OK I wouldn't worry,just those who booked with P&O direct seem to have a problem...Davybe

I booked via Bolsover, not P and O direct.

I have had £2088 placed on hold in my bank account.

Only found out when I went shopping.

Phoned P and O, customer services very unhelpful, stated any formal complaint I wanted to make would be responded to within 28 days.

Spoke to my bank to say an unauthorised charge had been made to my account, nothing they can do, they are awaiting the reversal of the payment request from P and O. This usually takes 5 days and inbetween, the money is on hold.

Spoke with the payment handling company, unable to deal with me as I am not a merchant with them.

I provided my bank details for payment of my final balance to Bolsover.

What are you doing about it.

Anyone able to provide any legal advice as to the holding of my debit card details, unauthorised payment requests.

I was thinking of raising complaints with the Information Commissioners Office and the Financial Conduct Authority. Am really pi**ed off.

Any advice fellow cruisers.

All quiet in here from Bolsover, they didn't have the courtesy to inform me.

toplockup_01.png P&O Cruises toplockup_03.png

Important information

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

I want to inform you that we have been notified by our third party payment processor that they incorrectly processed a pre-authorisation transaction yesterday against your card. This has been reversed overnight. As a consequence, no monies have been taken from your account. We apologise if this has caused you any concern or any inconvenience.

We are able to confirm that this was not a result of a security breach and that no personal information has been compromised.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, we recommend in the first instance you contact your bank who has been made aware of this situation.  If they are not able to resolve the matter, we recommend that your bank contacts Elavon Merchant Services on this number 0345 600 0292.  This information is also shown on our website at brand specific website www.pocruises.com

Kind regards
Paul.jpg
Paul Ludlow
Senior Vice President, P&O Cruises

I still don't understand how this mistake happened and how can anybody say your personal banking data in not compromised.

you make payment to Bolsover, they then pass it on to P&O.

one cruise I booked with a high street travel agent, that payment on my bank statement was to the travel agent, money's paid to Bolsover show on bank statement as to P&O.

I don't like to say, high street travel agent was £500.less and a lot more on board credit.

Have to shop around, I'm afraid 

30 minutes ago, Jenjen said:

I still don't understand how this mistake happened and how can anybody say your personal banking data in not compromised.

you make payment to Bolsover, they then pass it on to P&O.

one cruise I booked with a high street travel agent, that payment on my bank statement was to the travel agent, money's paid to Bolsover show on bank statement as to P&O.

I don't like to say, high street travel agent was £500.less and a lot more on board credit.

Have to shop around, I'm afraid 

If any agent is giving access to my bank details to a third party then I would be using another agent in the future It is common for agents to give access to the cruise lines to there accounts so they can get Bigger discounts and the cruise line can take the money overnight  ...Davybe

Edited by Davybe

Must admit that I do not blame Bolsover Cruise Club in this matter I think it is down to the collection agency who acts on behalf of Carnival UK (Cunard, P&O and Princess) with regards to collection of money but I do think Bolsover should have made some sort of statement with regards to how they process our payments and whether they store credit/debit card details. All major companies use a third party to collect card payments made either online or by phone and anyone that thinks Carnival UK do this themselves are sadly mistaken. 

From Bolsovers T&[email protected] when booking

12.1 We are committed to keeping Your information and account details private. When You make a booking You consent to Your information being passed on to the Principals/Suppliers and to other credit checking companies or as required by law. The information may therefore be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. This applies to any sensitive information that You give to Us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary and religious requirements. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies.

5 minutes ago, sinbad10 said:

Must admit that I do not blame Bolsover Cruise Club in this matter I think it is down to the collection agency who acts on behalf of Carnival UK (Cunard, P&O and Princess) with regards to collection of money but I do think Bolsover should have made some sort of statement with regards to how they process our payments and whether they store credit/debit card details. All major companies use a third party to collect card payments made either online or by phone and anyone that thinks Carnival UK do this themselves are sadly mistaken. 

To be honest (and hoping this does not offend anyone) You can pay by BAC's Cheque ,credit card or debit card ,giving anyone access to your money is silly to say the least...Davybe

5 minutes ago, Davybe said:

To be honest (and hoping this does not offend anyone) You can pay by BAC's Cheque ,credit card or debit card ,giving anyone access to your money is silly to say the least...Davybe

Not sure what you are referring to?

I paid by debit card. I haven't given anyone access to my money.

I booked a cruise through Bolsover. I've no idea what they do with the payment, but you wouldn't expect £2088.00 to be requested from your bank account 3 months after you returned from your cruise.

Would you???

I phoned Bolsover to ask them for further info.

They were useless and I won't ever book with them again.

I've asked for all my personal details including anything financial to be removed from their records.

I'll be reporting this breach of data to the Information Commissioners on Monday morning at 9am, along with the hundreds of other customers.

I'm not interested who is to blame. I only provided my debit card details to Bolsover, I used a different account when I was onboard.

It's a disgrace and there are many customers affected

As I have mentioned in a previous post on this matter, during the time period in question I have made 7 transactions through Bolsover to P&O. The major payments were made on a debit card and minor ones on a credit card. The emails I have received from P&O do not mention which payments were affected. I have checked both accounts today and cannot see any additional transactions by P&O despite being advised by them that my account was refunded overnight.

Again I agree with the previous posts that I did not realise that my financial details were being retained. To my mind P&O cannot avoid responsibility for this.

Jacka  

13 minutes ago, jacka said:

As I have mentioned in a previous post on this matter, during the time period in question I have made 7 transactions through Bolsover to P&O. The major payments were made on a debit card and minor ones on a credit card. The emails I have received from P&O do not mention which payments were affected. I have checked both accounts today and cannot see any additional transactions by P&O despite being advised by them that my account was refunded overnight.

Again I agree with the previous posts that I did not realise that my financial details were being retained. To my mind P&O cannot avoid responsibility for this.

Jacka  

Jacka

There are no transactions showing on my bank account either, but when I check the available funds, it is £2088.00 less than the balance.

It would appear that a pre-authorisation has been requested, so this places a hold on the funds, but doesn't always show on the account, unless you have a pending transactions view.

It will be 5 days before funds become available again.

It's not acceptable.