Coach Travel from Scotland to Southampton

I found catching the coach from Glasgow to travel to Southampton at 4.00 am just too stressful - no sleep at all and a horrendously long trip on the coach. I know some people don't mind it but I decided to drive down to the Lancaster Holiday Inn the day before which was an easy enough drive and stay there overnight. My mum and I had a great night's sleep and the coach picked us up at a civilised 7.00 am and the trip to the ship was far less stressful. On the way back we just stayed overnight before driving home the following day. It was worth the couple of hundred pounds extra and we will be doing this every time from now on. It just might suit some of you travelling from Scotland better like it did mum and myself.

I use the coach from North Wales  ,6 am start with eavesway  or 8 Am with Intercruise. Nothing like the early Start you have?

Have you looked at flying down to Southampton ,we have meet a few who fly down from Scotland ,they are often home long before we are  ....Davybe

Hi  I live in Newcastle upon Tyne and have only travelled down once to Dover on the coach (6.00am pickup) but never to Southampton as there are direct flights from Newcastle to Southampton.  However,  I dislike the long travel by road and I usually undertake fly cruises using Newcastle as my departure airport or Manchester for long haul flights if the connections from Newcastle are inconvenient or unavailable.  If I was you and  travelling from Scotland to Southampton I would almost certainly fly down or use the train and stay overnight in a hotel in Southampton before the departure of the ship.

Edited by Land Ahoy

My mum and I won't fly-cruise therefore won't fly to Southampton simply because of the luggage situation. We don't travel light! And we don't have any male pairs of hands to help us handle the cases so we only have to get the cases onto the coach and then we don't see them again till they're outside our cabin door. It really is the only way for us.....flying is just not an option.

21 hours ago, graphostar said:

My mum and I won't fly-cruise therefore won't fly to Southampton simply because of the luggage situation. We don't travel light! And we don't have any male pairs of hands to help us handle the cases so we only have to get the cases onto the coach and then we don't see them again till they're outside our cabin door. It really is the only way for us.....flying is just not an option.

Have a look at traveling by train ,you may be lucky and can do a same day trip....Davybe