What are future cruise credits and are they worth it?

I havent done it on Cunard but I have on P&O.  If you are unsure of what you want to book , you pay £50 pp at the sales desk onboard.  This gets added to your Penninsular club number so when you book a cruise either direct or thru and agent the £50 pp gets taken off your deposit and you still benefit from the extra Onboard credit .  But it does depend on how long your cruise is for on the amount but its very good.  I presume Cunard work the same way.

Hi

ive just found this on Cunards website

By securing an FCD you will receive On Board Spending Money when you make your next booking*

On Board Spending Money:

6-9 nights on board
Grill Accommodation = $200USD 
Balcony Accommodation = $150USD 
Inside / Outside Accommodation = $100USD

Sailings of 10 nights or more
Grill Accommodation = $400USD
Balcony Accommodation = $300USD
Inside/ Outside Accommodation = $200USD

Well worth taking out x x

I've never done this as I've always found it to be a bit of a marketing gimmick on board and I prefer to enjoy the holiday I'm on before thinking about the next one. That said, if your friends are happy then great. It clearly does benefit some people so for those who use it, it must be considered valuable and worth the time taken on board to sort it out.

2 minutes ago, sammy sun said:

You'd have thought with them being sister lines, the on board credit rewards would be at least similar.

Benefits

By securing an FCD you will receive on-board spending money when you make your next booking*

On-board Spending Money:

2-7 nights on-board = £25

8-14 nights on-board = £50

15-21 nights on-board = £75

22 nights on-board or more = £100

this is the information from P&O's website Sammy Sun :)

3 minutes ago, WAVES said:

Benefits

By securing an FCD you will receive on-board spending money when you make your next booking*

On-board Spending Money:

2-7 nights on-board = £25

8-14 nights on-board = £50

15-21 nights on-board = £75

22 nights on-board or more = £100

this is the information from P&O's website Sammy Sun :)

Thanks for that Waves, interesting to see the comparison.

I suppose they are a great way for us to take advantage of on board benefits whilst not felling pressured into making a snap decision to book onboard, I think they are a great idea and something I always look to do if planning a future trip on the same cruise line. I know other cruise lines operate in differing ways but I always wonder which works best?

Just now, cruise chef said:

I suppose they are a great way for us to take advantage of on board benefits whilst not felling pressured into making a snap decision to book onboard, I think they are a great idea and something I always look to do if planning a future trip on the same cruise line. I know other cruise lines operate in differing ways but I always wonder which works best?

Interesting to read your thoughts on it CC. Do you happen to know the answer to my previous question? Can it be combined with an offer in the UK at the time of booking or do you have to choose?

12 minutes ago, sammy sun said:

Interesting to read your thoughts on it CC. Do you happen to know the answer to my previous question? Can it be combined with an offer in the UK at the time of booking or do you have to choose?

as far as i am aware it can be combined and is in addition to any other offers they have on at the time

Just now, Honey73 said:

This is interesting info....it's a win win situation....you give them your money early but you get it back plus some :)

it is an interesting one but they're effectively bargaining for your loyalty by giving away some on board spend. I'm not criticising it, in fact, the opposite, I applaud them for doing it as cruising has become so competitive now that every line needs to do all they can to retain customers.

1 minute ago, Furby said:

as far as i am aware it can be combined and is in addition to any other offers they have on at the time

Thanks for this Furby. In that case it is certainly interesting for the future. I've always dismissed it in the past as I'd rather stay as far away from pushy sales people as possible on board but maybe one day in the future I'll sit down for five minutes and hear them out.