Just back from 15 day cruise on Celebrity Constellation from Singapore to Abu Dhabi

New to forum.

Just back from 15 day cruise on Celebrity Constellation from Singapore to Abu Dhabi.

Having been on 4 previous cruises with Celebrity and loved them we recomended our good friends to travel with us, what a mistake.

The Constellation is desperate for a refit and going into dry dock in May. I've never sailed on a ship with as much rust painted over as on the Promenade deck and that includes cargo, bulk carriers and tankers from my time at sea.

Usually the food is great but on this cruise it was hit and miss, know we could have sent it back but couldn't be botherd most of the time.

The organisation in the theatre for the tours was diabolical , person in charge had no idea how to organise people.

Stopped at New Mangalore India, berthed at a bulk carrier dock with cement dust every where including all over the decks.

Next day Goa India and once again a bulk carrier dock with Iron Ore dust every where once again. this caused a third on the passengers and crew to develop bad coughs due to inhaling the dust, including my wife and I.

On boarding the ship we were hounded to open drinks packages, coffee packages and speciality dinner packages, so aggresive it reminded us of the Time Share days in Tenerife.

Never been happy with Greek officers and they didn't dissapoint, if you didn't go to a Captains night or captains club function you never saw an officer. Cannot belive  that we never saw a navigation officer on deck in 15 days.

I know this sounds like a good old moan but our friends have done over 45 cruise and we have done about 25,  plus I was a 3rd engineer with P & O so we have some experience.

High light of cruise Mumbia and afternoon tea at the 6 star Targ Mahal Palace hotel. If going to Mumbia this is a must and not too expensive either.

Welcome to the forum ,and thanks for the review.

I wonder who thought it a good idea to give paying passengers a bad experience. Beggars Belief.

The one thing that set Celebrity apart was the fact you saw and met the senior staff around the ship ,mainly in the evening,maybe they expected complaints and stayed out of the way...Davybe  

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting your review. It was an interesting read. What a shame you had such a disappointing experience whilst travelling with your friends.

My experience with Celebrity is limited to the Solstice Class ships, of which I've always thought very highly of. I haven't sailed on Constellation so can't comment too much but it does sound as though the ship is in need of some TLC. It's also a great shame you didn't enjoy some of the ports on the cruise.

33 minutes ago, sammy sun said:

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting your review. It was an interesting read. What a shame you had such a disappointing experience whilst travelling with your friends.

My experience with Celebrity is limited to the Solstice Class ships, of which I've always thought very highly of. I haven't sailed on Constellation so can't comment too much but it does sound as though the ship is in need of some TLC. It's also a great shame you didn't enjoy some of the ports on the cruise.

We sailed on the Millennium class ships when they first came out ,they we the bees knees at the time ,then came the Solstice class which really put Celebrity    top of there league, When we revisited Connie it was a bit of a shock ,not least being the Bathroom,the ship was OK but looked dated ,still kept clean (Despite the Passengers)  still quite a spacious ship ,but would now prefer the newer Solstice ships  ....Davybe