Red sightseeing buses in Norway

With two teens in tow I tend to avoid booking the expensive cruise excursions and do it ourselves.

We love the big red sightseeing buses that you find in Cadiz, Stravanger and other places, and having done some research, I see there are buses in Bergen & Gerainger when the ships are in.

Has anyone used either of these in Bergen or Stravanger, if so what stops would you recommend spending time at?

It's.been a few years since we were in Bergen but we bought a ticket for the Noddy train which included a ride on the funicular railway up the viewpoint. We caught it near the fish market which had some very strange looking species & got off it when it stopped near ship rather then go back to the beginning as it was starting to rain.

Stavanger doesn't operate one as it is a large town with small narrow streets and can be navigated easily by foot. However, when the ship docks in Bergen we were greeted almost immediately with a free ride into the town by a very friend Norwegian operating a troll car. We later went on a tour on the same car for about an hour and it was a guided tour up into the hills of Bergen overlooking the docks. there were 4 different cruise liners in there, was a great sight to see.

8 minutes ago, sinbad10 said:

We have been to Stavanger a few times and are due to go again in June but we have never had the need to use hop on hop off buses. A stroll around the old part of town to see the old houses and then into cathedral and into the shopping area and down to the sea front there is plenty to do.

I'm into my photography so planning on visiting the Cathedral and the old town.

19 minutes ago, ShazO said:

I'm into my photography so planning on visiting the Cathedral and the old town.

The old town is virtually on the side of the harbour and easily walkable even if ship berths on other side it is only a short walk and the cathedral is also very close and on the edge of the shopping area which leads down to the sea at the other side away from the harbour.

• 2 months later...