vamp23

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW BIG THE CABINS ON AZAMARA SHIPS ARE ?

Hi, I’ve been looking at a few Azamara cruises lately and I really like the look of the cruise line as i feel it will suit me and my partner well but the one thing that concerns me is the cabins. I’ve read they are small in comparison to other lines and considering it’s not a small amount of money to cruise with Azamara, I wondered if anyone could offer any advice on this? Are they that small or is it just a case of negative comments that I should ignore?

I'm afraid I cannot offer advice personally as I am yet to sail with Azamara but I have seen a few comments on here that have suggested that the cabins are a little smaller than other rival luxury lines. That said, they were being compared to the likes of Silversea and Crystal so I'd imagine them to still be lovely. I don't think you'd find it to be a problem but I can't say for sure. 

You need the expert advice of David H, OWT or Land Ahoy by the sounds of it, that's where I'm taking my brief knowledge from.

Edited by sammy sun

We travelled a few years ago with Azamara and it is by far my favourite company to cruise with. We had an outside cabin with clearview on deck 4 and the size was absolutely fine for us and possibly a little larger than what we had with Princess cruises.

I hope you get something booked soon

Hi,  I have cruised with Azamara and we had an outside cabin. This was one of my first cruises, so didn't have much to compare to. I was very impressed with the cabin and did't think it was small at all.

i have since cruised with P&O and also done a river cruise, the dimensions for their cabins do sound a bit bigger but I would not of noticed this so really don't think its anything to worry about and would highly recommend Azamara.

Hi  Having sailed with Azamara a few times as well as the 6 star ships, I know that the cabins on the former line are much smaller than the  "true" luxury cruise lines, they are similar in size to the standard cabins on P&O and Cunard.  In their defence the furnishings are high end and the  beds are very comfortable.   Azamara do not advertise themselves as a luxury cruise line but as an upper premium brand.  The reason they appear to be expensive compared to the mainstream cruise lines is that much more is included in the boarding fare (Tips, alcoholic drinks, good quality coffee etc).   The included dining is far superior to that offered by their cheaper competitors and you would have to pay the extra to eat in the supplementary dining venues every night to get the same quality meals.  In addition the service is also better.  In my opinion I consider Azamara to be the best value cruise line in the market at the present time.

Edited by Land Ahoy

HI, I think Azamara are lovely. The cabins didn't seem to be any smaller than other lines I have sailed with and certainly the dining, inclusive drinks, late evening departures from port make them the best value cruise line.  Also, as long as there is enough storage in the cabin there's the rest of the ship to enjoy with lots of space in lounges and bars and even more important lots of space between sun beds!!

Why not try the Choosing Cruising website, they show cabin sizes for most cruise lines.

Assuming all old R Class ships are similar I would confirm the balcony cabins do have a small 2 seater sofa, except for connecting cabins which only have a small chair.

But this is based on our experience on Tahitian Princess, another R class ship.

This has made interesting reading as I'm booked on a ship next year that was built in the same design so I was interested to read the comments, I have to say I'm not overly concerned as the cabin size seams similar to that of P&O's Oceana and I managed perfectly well with that

Hi vamp23,

As those who have followed this forum for some time may remember from my previous posts, the overall experience on an Azamara cruise has, so far, made it our favourite cruise line.  This is reflected by the fact that we have two more in the pipeline (as well as one with another line sandwiched in between). 

It has to be said that the Staterooms are not the largest at sea.  "Compact and bijoux" comes to mind.  Their website quotes the following sizes:-

Club Interior - 14.7 sq.m.   Club Ocean View - 15.8 sq.m.   Club Veranda - 16.3 sq.m. + 3.8 sq.m. veranda.

We prefer to book a Club Deluxe Veranda (category VX).  There are only 10 of these on board, situated at either end of the ship, overlooking either the bow or the stern.  We always prefer to be at the stern for views to either side of the ship.  We find this category to be perfectly adequate to meet our needs and very comfortable.  I like to spend time on our own balcony, particularly in the morning and always for a digestif (or two) last thing at night (or should that be early morning???).

On our most recent cruise on Azamara Journey, we found the main dining room experience so good we never bothered with the speciality options. 

If you want more space, the sun beds on deck are particularly comfortable with good thick mattresses and the service on deck is good too.

Hope that helps.

DavidH

I have sailed on both of the Azamara ships, plus three other R Class ships - Pacific Princess, Ocean Princess (previously Tahitian Princess) and P&O Adonia (previously Royal Princess).  All of these ships were virtually identical.  Even the furniture (dark mahogany veneered units in the cabins) and pictures on the walls were the same.  Since my last cruise on an R Class ship, the Azamara ships have benefitted from major re-fits.  However, I believe the refits concentrated upon furniture, carpets, soft furnishings and décor, so cabin sizes will be unchanged.   A previous post quoted the actual sizes.

Although Azamara cabins are not massive, they are more than adequate.   My only reservation relates to the bathrooms, which are really small.  The tiny shower cubicles used to have clingy plastic curtains.  I don't know whether the curtains have been replaced by rigid screens, during the re-fit.

Edited by BobTroll
Added more info

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:06 PM, Oldworldtraveller said:

The cabins are quite spacious but the bathrooms are quite small. This was mine on Azamara Journey.Azamara iphone 024.JPG

Azamara iphone 027.JPG

Were those photos taken before the re-fit?

Hello,

I've also been on both Quest and Journey, on Quest we had a Deck 4 Ocean View cabin, of which the size was proportional to the ship, slightly smaller than some of the larger cruise ships perhaps, but definitely not cramped or of a claustrophobic feel.

On Journey, we had a restricted view cabin up on 6 Deck, and that cabin was 'very cosy' to say the least, even though we had the beds together as a 'Double', so perhaps these are the cabins that some people make reference to? Still perfectly acceptable in my mind, if one makes the effort to remain tidy and not have clutter everywhere.

In my view the Az cabins are for sleep and relaxation, as there is always something of interest going on around the ship to keep you busy or entertained, whilst soaking up all that ever friendly and fabulous Azamara passenger recognition and outstanding service.

They exemplify the term 'Niche' cruising, and trust me, its a very comfortable 'niche' too!

Enjoy!!

Peter.

1 hour ago, HALaP&O said:

.....   we had a restricted view cabin up on 6 Deck, and that cabin was 'very cosy' to say the least, even though we had the beds together as a 'Double', so perhaps these are the cabins that some people make reference to? Still perfectly acceptable in my mind, if one makes the effort to remain tidy and not have clutter everywhere.

Standard ocean view cabins on R Class ships are situated at right angles to the corridor, with the entrance at one end and the window at the other.  Restricted view cabins on deck 6, which are situated parallel to the corridor, are different.  The sleeping area is at one side of the door - and the desk area and shower room are at the other side of the door.  Consequently, the window is next to the queen sized bed.  If you opt for twin beds, the cabin appears more spacious. We liked this configuration.  See www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/our-ships/azamara-quest/azamara-quest-deck-plans. 

Cabins 6030 and 6033 are particularly attractive, because although they are cheaper than unobstructed cabins, they are situated above a mini lifeboat.  Consequently, you still have a good view over the lifeboat.  Conversely, beware of cabins 6034, 6037, 6038, 6041, 6044 or 6047, because the view is obstructed by a large lifeboat, directly in front of your window.

Edited by BobTroll

31 minutes ago, BobTroll said:

Cabins 6030 and 6033 are particularly attractive, because although they are cheaper than unobstructed cabins, they are situated above a mini lifeboat.  Consequently, you still have a good view over the lifeboat.  Conversely, beware of cabins 6034, 6037, 6038, 6041, 6044 or 6047, because the view is obstructed by a large lifeboat, directly in front of your window.

Thanks Bob Troll,

Just been upstairs to check the cruise archive (filing cabinet lol!) and we were in cabin 6040 on Journey. Early Feb 2014.

We were most fortunate in that; the tender outside our window was almost perfectly aligned with the embark/disembark exits, and those exit covers were left rolled open, even on sea days, so we enjoyed reasonably good views, looking through the tender, throughout the 14 night cruise.

(Singapore to Hong Kong, via Koh Samui & Klong Toei, Thailand. Plus HCMC; Da Nang & Halong Bay, Vietnam)

Peter.