Which P&O Rome Excursion?

Thank you truckermart, Klyne, BobTroll, Dozydo, and Helen H for your posts – very much appreciated.

truckermart; I see you have quoted my post; but I cannot see your comments – sorry.

Helen H; our cruise is P&O cruise number E707A aboard the Oceana. It is not only our first time to Rome; but our first cruise!

I’ll read and digest your posts; no doubt more questions will follow.

Thanks.

• 10 months later...
17 hours ago, Fraz said:

Hi everyone I am going to Rome in July on Azura and want to do the Rome “on my own” train trip.. can anyone advise is this trip is both ways by train 

That is difficult to answer, without knowing the precise name of the excursion.  Your cruise documentation (or the on-line cruise personaliser) should provide a detailed description.

However, the Roma Train and Coach Combo excursion described at www.pocruises.com/cruise-destinations/rome-cruises travels by train from Civitavecchia to Roma San Pietro and returns by road (or vice versa).  The website states that the train is not exclusive to P&O.  However, the photos do not resemble any of the public Trenitalia trains, so I suspect P&O have purchased an allocation of seats on a privately operated excursion train.

I suggest you ask P and O cruises (use their standard rate number 0345 355 5111 or the switchboard number 023 8065 5000, in preference to the expensive 0843 number).