What clothing would people recommend for Northern lights Feb 2018?

Sounds like the obvious but a woolly hat & scarf that you could pull up around your mouth when its windy to avoid chapped lips and some really good gloves. Also my walking friends swear by Merino wool socks for keeping the feet warm. Finally sunglasses for during the short day as the glare from the snow can be harsh on the eyes. Have an amazing time  and I hope you get a great view of the lights

Hi my wife and I undertook a Northtern Lights cruise in February of this year .As far as clothing is concerned ,layers are a good thing for general walking about towns and essentials as hats and gloves are diffinately needed.I would also recommend the use of a Ski pole (collasapable ones are great) .There was a lot of snow with ice underneath .As far as sledding again layers are essential together with waterproof clothing.Be very carful with the shoe grippers given as the ones we had were totally useless and good boots with good treads are you best bet.

On 12 April 2017 at 4:33 PM, cruise chef said:

Sounds like the obvious but a woolly hat & scarf that you could pull up around your mouth when its windy to avoid chapped lips and some really good gloves. Also my walking friends swear by Merino wool socks for keeping the feet warm. Finally sunglasses for during the short day as the glare from the snow can be harsh on the eyes. Have an amazing time  and I hope you get a great view of the lights