Jump to content

Passengers offloaded


Recommended Posts

We're just back from a wonderful repositioning cruise on Britannia. After we had left The Azores the captain announced that 2 passengers had been left there due to their behaviour during our 5 days at sea since leaving St Marten. He apologised to all crew & passengers affected by their behaviour. He didn't say what it was but the rumours on board seemed to think that it was due to their racist behaviour. Whether it was or not it was an expensive lesson for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 2torts said:

We're just back from a wonderful repositioning cruise on Britannia. After we had left The Azores the captain announced that 2 passengers had been left there due to their behaviour during our 5 days at sea since leaving St Marten. He apologised to all crew & passengers affected by their behaviour. He didn't say what it was but the rumours on board seemed to think that it was due to their racist behaviour. Whether it was or not it was an expensive lesson for them.

Serves them right, there should be no place in society for people like that, unfortunately racism is still rife around the world.

What's really infuriating is they were probably racist to those serving them so well.

Good on the Captain for slinging them off, I really hope it cost them a pretty penny to get home.

HLM.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did hear that once a captain off loaded some guests, after they were caught throwing sun loungers overboard, we were on the Queen Victoria, and the noon day report from the bridge reported it, I think it was on the Azurs, but could be wrong on that fact. Thank goodness that Captains can do this, and ban them from the cruise line, and off load.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Davybe said:

Wonder How Much the booze played in this sad case.

Pleased though that the Captain took the right course of action IMO, pity he had to wait until the Azores to offload them....Davybe

The irony was they flew back and missed a storm which the other pax had to go through! So not really rough justice! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Britannia handled the storm really well. Apart from my glass of water tipping over onto my head in the middle of the night it didn't really affect us - we certainly didn't need to cling onto the handrails for dear life like we have on smaller ships. The main downside was that they took half of the lifts out of service for the day which made the queues longer than ever especially for the midships ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 2torts said:

Britannia handled the storm really well. Apart from my glass of water tipping over onto my head in the middle of the night it didn't really affect us - we certainly didn't need to cling onto the handrails for dear life like we have on smaller ships. The main downside was that they took half of the lifts out of service for the day which made the queues longer than ever especially for the midships ones.

We had a stormy passage on Azura going out to the Caribbean a few years ago ,They held us Southampton overnight then made a slow run out to the Azores speeding up on the second sea day.Lots of sickness and injuries due to the rough seas  and room service overworked??

Hope we are sailing through the BOB  in a weeks time....Davybe

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Furby said:

how bad do you have to be to be chucked off?!?! and how can people think they would get away with it

We saw a Security guard sat outside a cabin on our Eclipse Cruise .We asked the Captain's Club Hostess about it, she claimed not to know about this particular case,but she speculated that thy had overdone the drink Package and had a domestic in a bar??they would be escorted back to there cabin and in the morning they would be fed (room service) then have to explain their behavour ,witnesses,and any CTV would be taken into account ,The Captain or Senior officer would then take the decision to offload them or just give them a rollicking??.

I would think a warning was given to the people on Britannia ,some passengers feel the rules do not apply to them ...Davybe   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a whole family removed from Britannia on our Christmas cruise and the rumours were abound about what they had or had not done, we knew most were incorrect as my OH and myself witnessed the final straw of their bad behaviour and agreed that the Captain had no choice but to off load them. I hate to see anyone off loaded but sometimes it is the right thing to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, Davybe said:

We saw a Security guard sat outside a cabin on our Eclipse Cruise .We asked the Captain's Club Hostess about it, she claimed not to know about this particular case,but she speculated that thy had overdone the drink Package and had a domestic in a bar??they would be escorted back to there cabin and in the morning they would be fed (room service) then have to explain their behavour ,witnesses,and any CTV would be taken into account ,The Captain or Senior officer would then take the decision to offload them or just give them a rollicking??.

I would think a warning was given to the people on Britannia ,some passengers feel the rules do not apply to them ...Davybe   

We saw a similar thing on Celebrity Equinox a couple of years ago, security sat outside a cabin,  it was again drink and 2 rowdy drunk Brits unfortunately, the male supposed to be a councillor too!!.  They were certainly quieter after that incident and had a lower profile thank goodness.  They were menaces

Link to post
Share on other sites

The one time I remember people being ejected from a ship was P&O not sure which ship but it unusual as one of the acts on board made a pass at one of the guests. Trouble was the husband didn't take kindly too it and a fight ensued all were thrown off. I have noticed in recent years as prices have become cheaper a more undesirable type of passenger seem to becoming more prevalent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...