Boyzlife?! Really?!

I've just seen on Facebook that Irish "supergroup" (wow) Boyzlife will be on board Britannia this summer to perform. It's a duo basically made up of Keith Duffy and Brian McFadden previously of Boyzone and Westlife. P&O have decided that they would be an excellent group to feature in the Limelight Club on board Britannia this summer and to top it off, it's only a mere £49 per person for a meal in there with tickets to watch the show!!

I often stick up for P&O because I've always enjoyed cruising with them but if there's one thing I'm critical of with them it's their entertainment and they've proven me right once again. Royal Caribbean and NCL leave P&O standing in my opinion when it comes to entertainment on board. How P&O get this so wrong is beyond me but they manage to do it time and time again. They keep insisting on using z-list celebrities to push cruises and feel to realise that the majority of people will be put off by it, let alone want to book. Of course this is just my opinion and other forum members might think I'm wrong. If that's the case then fair enough. We're all entitled to our opinion but if I found out they were on my cruise, I'd make sure I was at the farthest end of the ship to their show when it was on, in fact I'd probably just want to change the cruise! :P

Talk about clutching at straws P&O. They need to sort themselves out or Royal Caribbean are going to leave them standing soon.

OMG be grateful that they are shaking the entertainment up - I think it would be great and what a refreshing change - I can only assume that you prefer RCC and NCL as their entertainment is more visual? Everyone likes something different and they cant please everyone - it is so annoying seeing pretty much the same thing from one P&O cruise to the other.

I think the only thing wrong here is that the two cruises they are appearing on are kids holidays and the venue for the appearance os over 18 only - just saying.

It may be a 'Mere £49'  but for 2 people with drinks it turns into a £100 plus spend to see entertainment of a standard that is equalled by other lines for free. I appreciate that it is in a speciality venue but there is a chain of thought by many that says "If the food on ships were as good as the brochures and adverts portray there would be no need for speciality restaurants unless they depict food from a different part of the world". Food for thought.

In the 20 odd cruises that I have done I think that the entertainment on p and o has basically been the worst. The headliners were screeching their way through performances and never have got to the end if one show.

however the best show with pando has to be Michael ball. There was no charge to see him and I would say he is a more established performer than these guys so to have to pay and see them I would say that it is another attempt at cruise lines to screw the passengers for even more money.

If they can't afford to hire them without the passengers having to pay to see them then I think it's a rum do even if food is included. It should be open to all passengers on a ticket basis for free.

6 hours ago, casper said:

OMG be grateful that they are shaking the entertainment up - I think it would be great and what a refreshing change - I can only assume that you prefer RCC and NCL as their entertainment is more visual? Everyone likes something different and they cant please everyone - it is so annoying seeing pretty much the same thing from one P&O cruise to the other.

I think the only thing wrong here is that the two cruises they are appearing on are kids holidays and the venue for the appearance os over 18 only - just saying.

Be grateful for what Casper? 

If charging £49pp for what I'd consider to be standard entertainment is P&O's way of shaking up their entertainment, I'm glad I no longer sail with them.

HLM.

1 hour ago, B&M said:

I always believed all entertainment on board ship was free! Is this to become the norm? 

Britannia has always had an entertainment lounge called The Limelight Club where you paid £22pp for a a la carte 3 course meal and an act that would not be available to be seen at any other time on the ship. This is the only place on all P&O ships where you have to pay everywhere else is free.

On 2/26/2017 at 7:59 PM, B&M said:

I always believed all entertainment on board ship was free! Is this to become the norm? 

I don't think it will become the norm, not for a long time yet, if ever. I just think it's P&O trying to add an air of exclusivity around it. I love P&O and I've always said that but I certainly don't cruise with them for their entertainment. For my daughter, the entertainment is fantastic but for me, not so much. I admire them for trying to shake things up but I think they've backed the wrong horse here.

2 minutes ago, The Seven Seas said:

I mentioned in another post that this isn't for me but I'm sure it will be hugely popular with any Boyzone/Westlife fans who are on board.

I know what you mean Seven Seas and I agree that it probably will be popular with some but to then charge £49pp for it seems a bit too much. They weren't exactly the best singers in the first place and now P&O are charging passengers to see them. I know they get a meal included but there's no way I'd pay that to see those guys, not a chance, well unless the menu really appealed to me and the £49 including ear plugs! :P