P And O Upgrades

We are on ventura on a Caribbean cruise on the 22nd of November.We are in a outside cabin but I enquired if their was a chance of a upgrade .P and O said our names have been put on a list and we would be contacted a couple of weeks before the cruise if we had qualified for a upgrade.My question is .Has anyone on hear ever been upgraded and could I end up somewhere I don't want to be.We booked the cruise early on a vantage price and got obc and free airport parking

Be very careful when you accept an upgrade. I did it once with P&O and although we were on a higher deck it was under the gym and we suffered from the vibration of people on the running machines from 8am onwards. Also once you accept an upgrade there is no turning back. Remember that it is possible you are being upgraded to a grade where they were unable to sell that particular cabin for whatever reason. If sailing with P&O I stay with my selected cabin as I know what I am getting.

We got a great deal last year on Arcadia, book a balcony cabin and get a mini-suite, which we thought was a great deal but 4 weeks before we sailed we were upgraded to a full suite complete with butler, wow. On a negative note though, there is no going back so we only book suites now, maybe there is method in P & O's upgrading system

We are on ventura on a Caribbean cruise on the 22nd of November.We are in a outside cabin but I enquired if their was a chance of a upgrade .P and O said our names have been put on a list and we would be contacted a couple of weeks before the cruise if we had qualified for a upgrade.My question is .Has anyone on hear ever been upgraded and could I end up somewhere I don't want to be.We booked the cruise early on a vantage price and got obc and free airport parking

Midhusband,In reply to your question yes we have, we sail on Ventura on Friday we originally booked inside cabin then we asked the question about upgrade's the answer was not very forthcoming but today we received new's that we have been given a free upgrade to a balcony cabin on B deck across from the inside cabin we had booked originally.Good old Bolsover. never give up hope this time of the year.

That's great news for you Ron.When I first enquired about a upgrade I phoned Bolsover and they said it wasn't up to them.It was p and o who made that decision..Have you looked how much your old inside cabin is selling at now .Its not full .Just looked

I think that's why they felt sorry for us :D but it make's up for the price difference , but at least we have onboard credit which we would not have with Getaway price. Take care.Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Never had a upgrade for free, when travelling as a family in a four berth we were offered two two berth cabins for an extra £300 the day before we sailed which was a good deal. Been cruising since 1976 how long before we qualify?

I Agree Seawitch I am really unsure how the upgrades work. After 18 cruises with P & O & always booking well in advance , we got our first upgrade on a Getaway last minute cruise this year. On Holland America I got a several category upgrade the first time I sailed with them.