So, I have just booked my first cruise with RCI on board Vision of the Seas for March 2017 for the Dubai sailing....very excited! I have always wanted to holiday in Dubai, so saw this Itinerary and thought it would be a perfect way of seeing Dubai and having the cruise element also. Any recommendations/advice on places to see/visit whilst in Dubai & Oman?

Thanks in advance!

I have been to Dubai and LOVED the beaches!!! also the shopping mall that has the skiing indoors was great. A great way to see the town is the hop on hop off bus.

have a great time smile.png

This is called Mall of the Emirates - its amazing and a cheap way to experience snow boarding - its the only indoor snow experience that has a black run!!!! - Im not into shopping can you tell x

Hi linzi1907,

Not visited the Oman but have spent time in Dubai on several visits.

May I suggest an Evening Dinner Cruise on Bateaux Dubai.  Enjoyed our first experience so much we booked it a second time when we were next in Dubai and were not disappointed.  The evening Water, Fire and Laser Show at the Festival City Marina complex is also pretty spectacular and not to be missed, in my view.

David H

We have visited Dubai and yes it's lovely and has a huge airport. 

Whilst staying in a hotel pre-cruise we spent much of our time in the shade around the hotels pool as it was very hot, we did however go to the beach ( complimentary shuttle bus service ) which was lovely.

We used the ships tour to visit places of interest around Dubai.

Using RCI we have cruised to India from there.

We also loved the Cruise back from Dubai to Barcelona, having done this twice and both occasions  the Sea conditions and weather perfect.

We enjoy the Suez Canal Transit and spend the whole day on our balcony using room service.

The only fly in the ointment is the Gulf of Aden which is Somali Pirate Waters and the last time we cruised this way it was a Tad 'scary' 

However the ship had given us a second 'Drill' and when the siren went we knew just what to do.

Fortunately, all ended well, and despite this scare, we would go on this cruise a third time.

We had an overnight in Dubai on a cruise and booked the Desert Experience that evening. We were collected from the ship and driven into the desert in a specially equipped Toyota Landcruiser. We drove over the sand dunes, stopped to see the sunset over the desert which was magical, then taken to a "Bedouin Camp" for dinner and entertainment. The camp was obviously just for tourists, but entertaining never the less. We saw whirling dervish dancers and belly dancers, had the opportunity to ride camels and have henna painted on our hands. We booked privately with another couple, the cost was around half of what the ship was charging.

We spent a few days in Dubai before another cruise and visited the two big malls as well as the Gold Souk and the older parts of the city. We are not beach fans, but our son and his family spent a week there and stayed around the beach and water park the whole time.

Sheila

We sailed out of Dubai on Quantum of the Seas when it was repsositioning to China.

Before we boarded we went up the Burj khalifa which was amazing. I suggest you book your tickets well in advance.

As previously mentioned, the Mall is out of this world.

We also did the Dune Safari through the cruise line and it was amazing and I  would definitely recommend it.