Advise on P&O Cruise ships, I have never sailed and booked a Regent Cruise for 2017

I am getting some extremely good deals come through to my emails from a travel agent I have booked my cruise with and their deals seem too good to be true with P&O Cruises.

I have booked my first cruise with my wife for 2017 on board a Regent Cruise ship, so I am extremely weary of the deals I see in front of me.

A ship called the Ventura is sailing out of Southampton on the 5 December and is sailing for 12 nights around the Canary Islands. It states there is a FREE upgrade to a balcony cabin and you will also receive £250 On-board Spend, the price advertised is £989pp, does anyone believe this deal? Not having sailed before, and I know regent ships are a different kettle of fish, but for a last minute escape to the sun, this sounds ideal.

Please can someone advise me? Just don’t want to rock up with my wife, and it be an 18-30's cruise or something like that?

I have been on Ventura before and loved it! Yes it is as far as i am aware very different to Regent, but it is still a brilliant ship, not 18-30's at all and i would definitely go on it again! I have also seen an offer on this cruise with the free upgrade to a balcony and on board spend, give Bolsover a ring they will be able to get you the best deal available!

Hi  The deal with P&O does sounds tempting and I think you won't be disappointed with the experience.  However, if you had already tried Regent before P&O I'm sure you would be underwhelmed but of course you are not comparing like with like.  Regent are a luxury product whereas P&O is one of the cheaper mass market options and you can't expect too much from the cruise dining or the service provided.

I am getting some extremely good deals come through to my emails from a travel agent I have booked my cruise with and their deals seem too good to be true with P&O Cruises.

I have booked my first cruise with my wife for 2017 on board a Regent Cruise ship, so I am extremely weary of the deals I see in front of me.

A ship called the Ventura is sailing out of Southampton on the 5 December and is sailing for 12 nights around the Canary Islands. It states there is a FREE upgrade to a balcony cabin and you will also receive £250 On-board Spend, the price advertised is £989pp, does anyone believe this deal? Not having sailed before, and I know regent ships are a different kettle of fish, but for a last minute escape to the sun, this sounds ideal.

Please can someone advise me? Just don’t want to rock up with my wife, and it be an 18-30's cruise or something like that?

I must say that Ventura is not my favourite  P&O ship. It lacks forwarding facing rooms in the Public Areas. The Main Bar is at The stern so you only see things when you have passed them.